Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
merry christmas everyone!! well... this is my first post on here. i havent been on any mustang forums ever since v6power.com was up long time ago. anyway, i have a 97 v6 auto. it's been feeling a lil sluggish the past 2 weeks. i can tell it's a lot slower than normal. especially when i gun it, it doesnt take off as fast.. cant even squeal the tires as usual. jus wondering what u guys suggest i check first.. :?: :(

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
How long has it been since a tuneup. If it has been a while you should get some new plugs, clean or replace your air filter, clean MAF with non residue electrical contact cleaner. Have a oil change and check the plug wire for frays and if they are old change them. Also check all your vacuum lines and check the PVC valve. I would also go to midas or somewhere where they can check the catalytic converters for flow pressure( make sure they are not plugged up). I say midas cause here where I live they can check the system for 25 bucks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kewl thanks.. ill check those out.. :)

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
Hey supercriz, welcome to the site btw, yeah do what corey said thats what I would do. Btw, the stang looks nice and clean. :headbang:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks FishersStang.. yeah took that pic after a nice waxing :D ill check out the auto trans fluid too Dom... thanks for the suggestion

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
My cars starting to feel sluggish too.

I keep prefect maintnence on it too.

Everything hasbeen done within the last 1000 miles.

plugs, msd plug wires, new cai with new filter, re did exhaust with all new pipes,
fuel filter, cleaned throttle body, cleaned maf, new pcv, i gotta look for a leak somwhere.
:|

·
Registered
567 Posts
supercriz said:
i havent been on any mustang forums ever since v6power.com was up long time ago.
www.v6power.net ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
i have a 94 mustang v6 3.8
Cold air Intake, no cats, dual flowmasters.....
my car was running wonderfull, with a lot of power and really good acceleration..
i washed the engine with a degreaser and spray all over and then the water.
after that the antilock light (abs) turned on and the car doesnt break properly..
also the acceleration is very poor. it feels bad, like if the car is a v4 or something like that...
but it doesnt do this all the time, sometimes the car runs great, but for moments, and then again it gets slow, and the exhaust gets louder, and the car slower, etc,etc..
please i need Help..????????????????/

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Please make a new thread for this problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts