Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking around online and I found a couple sets of wheels that I really like for a good price but I'm not entirely sure of what I can do here.

I need to find out the BIGGEST I can get, I'm looking at a set of 19's. :headbang:
I also need to find out my bolt pattern, size, and what offset I should be looking for.

Basically the oly thing I've been looking at is 5 lug wheels, now I need to narrow down my choices to stuff that will fit! Anyone have a site where I can find this info or perhaps maybe you know from experience??

:D

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
the biggest you can get is 18" from what I know. You really don't want anything bigger. If you get bigger rims, the keep your speedo dead on, you need super thin wall tires like 20% and I don't know of any place that'll mount those. Also 19's will weight you down alot. 17" or 18" should be your primary choice.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
you can fit 20's on a stang. I have seen it.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Monkey said:
you can fit 20's on a stang. I have seen it.
That's one of the most gay things I've ever heard. :disgust:

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
18's are the biggest mounted on a production mustang for a reason. Anything elese is not just a performance loss or it makes your car look like a rolling tonka toy

Save the 19's and 20's for the pimp masta thugg player Escalade

:bad: :bad: :bad: :bad: :bad: :bad: :bad: :bad:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Danger Dude said:
18's are the biggest mounted on a production mustang for a reason. Anything elese is not just a performance loss or it makes your car look like a rolling tonka toy

Save the 19's and 20's for the pimp masta thugg player Escalade

:bad: :bad: :bad: :bad: :bad: :bad: :bad: :bad:
LMAO ... remember the bigger the rim the thinner the side wall of the tire to help make it fit. Thin side walls make for a bumpy ride. you can feel a pebble under the wheel when you roll over it. If its parked and pretty ok. if you want to drive it the ride will suffer. my Eclipse is set up on 18s and a thin wall tire. highway its not to bad.... Chicago streets the bumps and pot holes will rattle your ride pretty bad. why dont you lower it and go with the little tires like go -kart size. Then cruise the hispanic comunity for props. just kidding. the smaller side wall will cause the car to feel the bumps in the road more.

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have also seen a mustang with 20's on it. Muscle Mustang fast Fords, maybe 3 months ago, the bullit GT. Sweet as heeeeelll.

But it still doesn't help me any, I'd rather get the 17's, but I still don't know offset or anything.

·
Registered
676 Posts
19's BUT ONLY CCW ccw 19's look so damn good i know someone with them and they look killer.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Your bolt pattern is 5 x 4 1/2 for a 5 lug and 4 x 4 1/4 for a 4 lug

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Young people seem to like the Tonka look I think it is from watching to much MTV. Your minds are warped!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)

What really gets me is people wanting to put them on V6's. Why do you want to make your car slower?????

Leave the 20's and up to the vehicles they were intended LARGE SUV's and unwarp your mind :disgust: :disgust: :disgust: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
I saw a guy with spinners on his stangs with super low profile tires bust a tire from a rock in the parking lot..lol

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't watch MTV...and your stereotyping my entire generation when I can tell you that mostly these days only giggly high school girls and losers watch MTV. MTV blows, Music Television eh? AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA NO. I can honestly say I haven't watched that station since maybe 5th grade, being the early 90's, meaning grunge...meaning real music. Not this shiat these days. Sorry I'm ramblng off topic.

Spinners=ghey
20's=ghey, only for SUVs
19's=pushin it on stangs but they FILL the wheel wells, they LOOOOK nice

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Kiljosh said:
I don't watch MTV...and your stereotyping my entire generation when I can tell you that mostly these days only giggly high school girls and losers watch MTV. MTV blows, Music Television eh? AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA NO. I can honestly say I haven't watched that station since maybe 5th grade, being the early 90's, meaning grunge...meaning real music. Not this shiat these days. Sorry I'm ramblng off topic.

Spinners=ghey
20's=ghey, only for SUVs
19's=pushin it on stangs but they FILL the wheel wells, they LOOOOK nice
As most people here know me I do not stereotype people. But as a 44 year old I have observed trends and the whole 20 + rim sizes came from the video of the rich rappers. It is not that all kids are into that but a majority are. Culture moves people like sheep. I should know when I was young it happened to me to. Some here had an adult to break the spell culture puts on you and reason sets in.

As for my age making thinks cloudy. That point is moot!!!! I listen to the ssame music you guys do. Except for rap. Rap to me is only good for the booty shaking videos they make.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Danger Dude said:
Except for rap. Rap to me is only good for the booty shaking videos they make.
:lol: :lol: :lol: You said booty!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
haha

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Poison the Well, Children of Bodom, Dark Tranquility...sound like rappers or bands on TV?? :D :D Nah, I'm more into metal and not the stuff most kids are listening to these days. It's all like pop and rap is only good in SMAAAALL doeses from the right artists.

Sorry if it seemed like I snapped, I didn't mean for that post to sound so angry...just trying to defend the sane kids, right?? :lol:

Ah whatever, this thread got off topic...

And oh...

Culture moves people like sheep.
agreed

1 - 18 of 18 Posts