Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Putting a used trans in my cousins gt , how much fluid should it take being empty ?

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
12-13 qrts i'd think...just ask any autoparts and they can give you the total fill (not the service fill)

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
12-13 qrts i'd think...just ask any autoparts and they can give you the total fill (not the service fill)
Well I asked a parts store for my buddies jeep they couldn't tell me lol , but thanks ill ask a different store

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
You could always buy a manual.. A Haynes will do in this case, a Chiltons would be better :)
Jus say'n

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
go to any advance then lol...i know for a fact the systems there will tell you
Alright thanks lol

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

You could always buy a manual.. A Haynes will do in this case, a Chiltons would be better :)
Jus say'n
Now that u say that I think I have a manual for my car that covers 94-04

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
Alright thanks lol

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

Now that u say that I think I have a manual for my car that covers 94-04
What you need should be in there. Be sure to follow the level check procedure before actually driving it. :good:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What you need should be in there. Be sure to follow the level check procedure before actually driving it. :good:
Gotcha thanks

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Called a parts store, they said 12.7 so I put 12.7 in and it's too much, I've drained a little over half a qrt out still too much so I'm guessing its more like 11 or 11.5

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I got the 13 from chiltons and Haynes
I couldn't find crap in my book lol looked for ever guess I'm blind but the car just won't hold that much for some reason

1 - 18 of 18 Posts