Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would a 98 cobra with 140k in really good condition with headers x pipe and Mac exhaust be worth?

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
Depending on your market..
Where I am retail on a spotless example.. $6,500-$6,800
Personal opinion, sight unseen.. $6k tops

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
That's sounds about right, especially with the mileage
:good: a lot of times those cars have bad leather, hard to find org leather that old with that miles in above average condition. The drivers seat in my 95 had been recovered and it only had 79k when I bought it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
:good: a lot of times those cars have bad leather, hard to find org leather that old with that miles in above average condition. The drivers seat in my 95 had been recovered and it only had 79k when I bought it.
I know what you mean, my 97 with 74k has a couple of small tears in the driver seat, other than that the interior was great and I paid 8k for it

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got a trade offer but I'm gonna keep my car I've had it to long

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
If you see one that cheap post links in the FYI ads section.........
There's 98 cobra near WV area for $2500. It says needs brakes and oil change. I can't post links but will look it up and give exact CL if u want it. It was on there bout 5 or 6 days ago.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Around where I live 96-98 cobras go from 4000 to around 6500 most the time... The first 1 I though about getting was a 96 and had 130,000 miles on it I believe, it sold for 4600...there has been a few others for around the 6000 but they was in pretty good shape.. The last 1 I looked at was a 99 cobra and the car lot had it listed for 7000

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
There's 98 cobra near WV area for $2500. It says needs brakes and oil change. I can't post links but will look it up and give exact CL if u want it. It was on there bout 5 or 6 days ago.
Has to be more to it.. Likely engine damage being hidden 'needs oil change' just guessing of course but things that seen too good to be true usually are.

Around where I live 96-98 cobras go from 4000 to around 6500 most the time... The first 1 I though about getting was a 96 and had 130,000 miles on it I believe, it sold for 4600...there has been a few others for around the 6000 but they was in pretty good shape.. The last 1 I looked at was a 99 cobra and the car lot had it listed for 7000
Sounds like a good deal on that 99' :good:

·
Registered
430 Posts
deadsp0t said:
Has to be more to it.. Likely engine damage being hidden 'needs oil change' just guessing of course but things that seen too good to be true usually are.

Sounds like a good deal on that 99' :good:
Yea but the only problem was the guy swapped a automatic in it... I don't like auto stangs and idk if he done a good job or just rigged everything together

·
Registered
320 Posts
We bought our 96 2 years ago and paid $10,500. It had only 37K miles, was always garage kept, never saw rain, was in like new condition inside and out. Very good black paint. Mods were Superchip, Ford racing Cobra R 17x9 wheels, new X pipe, Flowmaster exhaust, No cats, K&N CAI, B&M short shift kit, Hawk Brake pads, plus they guy kept and gave us all of the original parts if someone wanted it restored to as delivered condition. It was adult owned Ie: not beat up on. Also he always used Royal Purple since new. We had it checked out by our mechanic who I whole heartily trust and he said it was in like new condition. In our area, Reading PA I'VE seen similar Cobras on dealer lots with more than 2X the mileage 65-80K with an asking price of $8900-$9800 so I'm fine with the price we paid. At the same time there was a 97 Mystic with under 10K miles on a performance car lot and they were asking $17K. That sat a long time, but he did eventually sell it. Terminators in the PA/ NJ area go for $21-23K. That was out of my price range. Just an FYI. Spiney-Dave

1 - 15 of 15 Posts