Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1998 mustang GT that has a good motor and automatic transmission but has a salvage title. I'm looking to put both motor and transmission into a car with a clean title.. So I've come across an offer for a cheap 1994 mustang 5 speed roller, or a 1996 mustang 5 speed body and both still have the set up for a 5 speed tranny. Would it be worth my time looking for a new body for my motor and trans? Or just sell what I have and look for a new car? Like I said, just need some advise from the people who know mustang best

·
Registered
813 Posts
I have a 1998 mustang GT that has a good motor and automatic transmission but has a salvage title. I'm looking to put both motor and transmission into a car with a clean title.. So I've come across an offer for a cheap 1994 mustang 5 speed roller, or a 1996 mustang 5 speed body and both still have the set up for a 5 speed tranny. Would it be worth my time looking for a new body for my motor and trans? Or just sell what I have and look for a new car? Like I said, just need some advise from the people who know mustang best
Ok first off the 96 would be a easier swap if its a GT. If its not then your looking at wiring harness and all from your 98 into it but if you decide to switch to the 5 speed transmission you will have to replace the PCM. The 94 either way you look at that one you have to swap harness engine PCM and I not sure but dash as well including the inside harness. I'm not sure about that though. Someone will chime in. Besides the salvage title whats wrong with the 98?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car has front end damage to where the frame is bent. Plus the steering is just horrible now,and I don't mind the work involved for the swap lol. And thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
813 Posts
The car has front end damage to where the frame is bent. Plus the steering is just horrible now,and I don't mind the work involved for the swap lol. And thanks for the reply!
Well if it was me I'd go with the 96 and gut the 98 completely (suspension rear everything). It's just easier to work with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts