Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of now I have a all stock motor and I know my stock lower has the butterfly valves in the lower. I am deleting them and RGR and me wants to know if a 99-00 lower intake will bolt up with NO PROBLEMS to my 01 mustang or if i need to get a 01 style lower with the butterfly valves and simply delete them from it.

i really dont want to run into any fiting problems... so let me know.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
I don't see why it wouldn't nothing really changed from 00 to 01. Just they way the engine was balanced and that's all I can think of. Maybe you can make a deal with him that if it doesn't work, you can send it back or something.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
It will bolt up perfect. You might end up with one hose too much because if I remember right, there was a either a vacuum hose or electrical wires or something that connected to the motor of the IMRCs.

You'll have to do some simple modification on those wires (that you would do anyway for deleting the IMRCs) when you bolt up the SPI w/o IMRCs

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea, i will just run the dead wire back the the lower if i get an 01 or just delete the wire some how i am using a chip to turn off the cel i will get from not having the valves. I just do not want to have a bolt up issue.... so are you 100% sure the lower will bolt up fine seal fine and all i have to do is worry about the lines that go BACK to the IMRC's position on the lower cuz the 99-00 didnt have this position, so just delete them. or block off a vacume line if its a vacume line instead of a wire?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
yeah, it will bolt up

1 - 5 of 5 Posts