Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a chance to get 99-01 cobra tails to put on my 03-04 cobra. We will be exacting tailights from the vehicle so we'd be switching wire harness and tailights, anyone on here know how to exchange both sets to each vehicle? I know it's possible to put the exports on the 03-04 but is it easy to put the regular tails on a 99-01?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Premium Member
6,857 Posts
I'd suggest PMing infamous281. He recently just did a 99-01 cobra taillight swap on his terminator. He could give you some advice while performing the swap.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've heard it's not plug and play. Just wondering if an 03-04 harness and tails will work on a 99-01 and visa versa. I've messaged infamous already as well

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
03/04 harness has 3 brake light bulbs, and 1 reverse bulb. The 99/01 have 3 brake light bulbs, 1 reverse, and 2 for turn signals. So you can't swap the harnesses between the tails.

But the housing with the correct harness should work fairly easily. Just have to swap both parts over, that is unless you want to do some splicing.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

·
Registered
88 Posts
It is not plug and play even if you have the harness. You have to cut a wire under the dash to make the blinker work or else it will come on when you hit the brake also

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What harness do each car need then for the swap? I thought we would be able to switch harnesses with tailights

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh ok, so my 2003-2004 cobra should work with splicing if I have his wiring harness and tail lights from his 99-01. And his 99-01 cobra should work with splicing if he has my 2003-2004 wiring harness and tailights?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts