Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my AM brand CAI for 02 V6 today and it looks to me like the thing is bent to hell and not going to work. I was really excited to put the thing on today or tomorrow but need to know who is best to contact to get a new part and FAST. This part doesnt look like it was checked before it left the factory, bad QA on american muscles part :mad:

Look at the pictures and tell me what you think:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Just got my AM brand CAI for 02 V6 today and it looks to me like the thing is bent to hell and not going to work. I was really excited to put the thing on today or tomorrow but need to know who is best to contact to get a new part and FAST. This part doesnt look like it was checked before it left the factory, bad QA on american muscles part :mad:

Call AM its the only thing to do they will help u out best customer service I've ever delt with, no offense making this thread was pointless u should have called them right away they prob could have over nighties u a replacement

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Well its to late to call them. I sent them an email though. Kind of frustrating though as this is my first big purchase from AM and not off to a great start..
They will take care of you I've spent probably close to 10-15k over the last 3 years with AM on different mustangs I've owned they will make it right they don't screw up often

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
AM will help you out...they are an awesome company to deal with..but in all honesty it's bent...so fix it. the welds are in tact so just lay it on a flat hard surface and flatten it with a mallet or tack hammer...it's a CAI it'll work even if it had dents over every inch of the body

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
AM will help you out...they are an awesome company to deal with..but in all honesty it's bent...so fix it. the welds are in tact so just lay it on a flat hard surface and flatten it with a mallet or tack hammer...it's a CAI it'll work even if it had dents over every inch of the body
Well I guess ur solution is faster than mine :p ha Ty

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I could do that..
I will see what they say tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
call them and ask for an exchange, which im sure they would be happy to do. or man up and try and bend it back. your lucky to be dealing with great customer service. dealing with ford parts is a PITA

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,878 Posts

Brooksyx,

I'm really sorry about the damage to your product, I know how frustrating it can be when your new parts show up and somethings wrong or damaged, It's happened to me before. It looks like that was caused during shipping, but I'm definitely going to get you squared away right away so you can get your CAI on by the weekend!

For immediate assistance give my CS team a call and let them know what happened and we'll get you a replacement sent out this afternoon! Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266. I can also have one of them call you directly.

I hope this helps! Hang in there, you'll be enjoying your parts in no time.

-Dan

1 - 13 of 13 Posts