Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any mustangs with the window scoops???? Now that American Muscle sells them pre-painted i want to get them for my stang!!!!!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Is there any mustangs with the window scoops???? Now that American Muscle sells them pre-painted i want to get them for my stang!!!!!
We've already installed some on our 2000 GT. They look great, too! There's got to be some guys on here that can submit their own pics. We've already sold a bunch!

Shane

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah :) hope to see them on some cars. I just want to know how good they look lol. Thanks Shane!!!!!

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Also, the 3m tape supplied is very good, wash the at area off, no wax, no anything just clean paint, wipe adhesion promoter to the louver where you want the tape to go. Stick the tape on firmly and let it set to the part.
Then wipe the area down on the car one last time, the pull the other side of the tape covering off, line it up and press(I had another set of hands so we could apply evenly.)
Hold for 30seconds to a minute and slowly release pressure, should hold, tape alone I've been up to 100 no problems, now, I've started to use car color silicon(black for me, or clear for any other car) and put it in the cracks(tape off around the crack, place a bead of silicon and wipe it smooth, then remove the tape.)
I did that while I had a tube between it and the wall so it wouldn't pull away while the silicone dried. I also had rags on each end so to not scratch the paint.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
xhgwx said:
Also, the 3m tape supplied is very good, wash the at area off, no wax, no anything just clean paint, wipe adhesion promoter to the louver where you want the tape to go. Stick the tape on firmly and let it set to the part.
Then wipe the area down on the car one last time, the pull the other side of the tape covering off, line it up and press(I had another set of hands so we could apply evenly.)
Hold for 30seconds to a minute and slowly release pressure, should hold, tape alone I've been up to 100 no problems, now, I've started to use car color silicon(black for me, or clear for any other car) and put it in the cracks(tape off around the crack, place a bead of silicon and wipe it smooth, then remove the tape.)
I did that while I had a tube between it and the wall so it wouldn't pull away while the silicone dried. I also had rags on each end so to not scratch the paint.
Thanks bro, that should help alot!!! That tape must be really good for going over 100 lol

·
Registered
847 Posts
No offense, but i dont like the looks of the window scoops at all. Side scoops 4 sure, butwindows seem a bit much. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
fomoco4life said:
No offense, but i dont like the looks of the window scoops at all. Side scoops 4 sure, butwindows seem a bit much. Just my 2 cents
None taken, just everyone's tastes are different I didn't know if I would like them at first, they looked cool, but I wasn't sure so I ordered them and put them on and drove around and got a bunch of compliments on them on how aggressive the pairing made the car look. An they are right it looks very aggressive, but, most of the new edges do.
I also like them with out the covers on, either or I like.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I just bought these scoops and held them up to the car i think they are going to look bad *** i bought them unpainted so need to find a good painter that will be able to match my red car

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
sam minnick said:
I just bought these scoops and held them up to the car i think they are going to look bad *** i bought them unpainted so need to find a good painter that will be able to match my red car
Nice, when ever u put them on upload a picture

1 - 20 of 22 Posts