Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
saleens really dont hold value well in the eye's of loan value due to their VIN says GT most always FYI

the newer models may have fixed this but I am doubting it

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thoes are GTs..not saleens
Look up the VIN. They are Saleens. :rolleyes:

Saleens are GTs..Saleen purchases the mustangs from ford, and then modifies them. They hold a NADA value...but 'autotrader' doesn't recognize the 'saleen' part...so to them...they are GTs cause you can't search 'saleen'...this is why I searched keyword 'saleen'...:headbang:

Bet you didn't know the 99 S351s were base model V6s before Saleen got them, did ya?

Do some research. The post...:cool:

---------- Post added at 08:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 AM ----------

saleens really dont hold value well in the eye's of loan value due to their VIN says GT most always FYI

the newer models may have fixed this but I am doubting it
Back in 2003-2004 I was looking for a "Saleen". and the banks recognized Saleen as 'ford' authorized and gave a 'adjusted' value..but not Roush, (my buddy had a 2000 Stage II roush, and went through hell to get financing cause the banks saw it as a 'GT"). When I asked why, is cause Saleen and ford were considered a partner type if thats how you want to put it...and roush was/is and aftermarket tuner. It seems now, Saleen is that way too. YOu can't find a NADA or aftermarket Saleen value any longer.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
99-04 Saleen

Saleen had different levels just like Roush. Saleen has White, Yellow, and Black editions. All got body kit and suspension up grade. you can look it up on Saleen to see the difference.

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Saleen had different levels just like Roush. Saleen has White, Yellow, and Black editions. All got body kit and suspension up grade. you can look it up on Saleen to see the difference.
Thanks for the contribution here.....but you realize this thread is over 6 YEARS old, right?

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Yes I do realize that but no ever really explained the difference really.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts