Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is putting a supercharger on the stock 99 cobra a possibility? Thinking a kenne bell which is what I'm interested in and would like to see if anyone has done this or what's the basics.I would need and the estimated cost?

·
Registered
59 Posts
For a stock 99 I wouldnt do it unless you upgraded your rods and pistons (forged with lower compression) then your good. being that your motor is 9.8 to 1 compression at just 6psi boost you will already be around 14 to 1 compression, thats really pushing that motor. Were a Terminator at 8psi boost is at only 13 to 1, and those pistons and rods are forged.

·
Loc: Austin,TX
5,980 Posts
You will be fine as long as you keep the boost low and have a great tune. Dont push it or you be done meaning car go boom. These guys are spot on about rods and pistons if you are looking to make big power but if not then you will be fine.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Supercharger kit 6psi with tune apprx $4,500 400rwhp (could blow or eventually will blow up but its supercharged :))

5.0 forged stroker kit and cams apprx $4,000 390rwhp (can take a beaten)

Just 5.0 forged stroker kit apprx $2400 350rwhp (Give it some nitrous)

Just cams apprx $1500 360rwhp (Sounds cool needs gears)

·
Loc: Austin,TX
5,980 Posts
Every shop is gonna vary so find a dealer in your area and give them a shout. Just to give you a example...I was quoted right at $6k installed for a Procharger on my 07.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ya, its not really the hp or anything just want a supercharger. Addicted to the whining sound lol

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So I'm wanting 500+ hp. I am willing to do what is necessary just need like a list type deal. What I know I want: Kenne bell SC and 500+ hp. What would I need to get this done? Tune, forged internals, SC, parts?

·
Registered
59 Posts
You would need forged rods and forged lower compression pistons. Your crank is already forged and you have the teksid block, they are very strong.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
So I'm wanting 500+ hp. I am willing to do what is necessary just need like a list type deal. What I know I want: Kenne bell SC and 500+ hp. What would I need to get this done? Tune, forged internals, SC, parts?
KB 2.1 L s/c with inter cooler setup
Anderson or JLT cai
75mm tb
Sct 90mm mass air meter
Forged rods with 9:5:1 compression forged pistons
Have the heads ported and polished and resized for bigger valves
Modular powerhouse blower cams
Lincoln avaitior fuel pump with KB boost a pump
And a great tune estimated cost if you have people do the work is upwards of 8-10k

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
lee1rbc said:
You would need forged rods and forged lower compression pistons. Your crank is already forged and you have the teksid block, they are very strong.
I thought the 99 Cobra crank wasnt forged

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
many have done it, just depends on if the cost is worth the end result vs picking up something else or an 03/04 cobra just for comparison sake

1 - 18 of 18 Posts