Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 red Mustang GT 5 speed my first one ever I'm a Mopar man myself don't know me on that guy's LOL but love how fast it is but I wanted to make it faster so I've done some research and asking around and my uncle had the SCT three Bama tuner with 5 tunes on it that you would sell me if I wanted it so I bought it and as soon as I flashed my car it says he's a flat on blinking really fast cut my feel off throws a immobilizer OBD2 code how do I get past this it was fine till I flash my car with his tuner that I bought by the way mine is a 99 and his is a 04 even when return to stock still the same need help please

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What does duplicate mean? I'm a 29 year old male that's a very good mechanic and it's never been on a form before so don't know much about asking if I did something wrong I apologize all I'm trying to do is get my questions answered and my car fixed I'm I'm sure this question has been asked a blue million times on here and now I'm a blue moon and one again I apologize just don't know how to work forums

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Duplicate
What does duplicate mean? I'm a 29 year old male that's a very good mechanic and it's never been on a form before so don't know much about asking if I did something wrong I apologize all I'm trying to do is get my questions answered and my car fixed I'm I'm sure this question has been asked a blue million times on here and now I'm a blue moon and one again I apologize just don't know how to work forums
Duplicate meaning that's now TWO threads you started on the same subject.

You installed a tune vin locked to someone else's car onto yours. No can do. Return the car to stock as you've been told already.

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
Return the car to stock, have whoever sold it to you unmarry it and then contact a legit tuner to get a legit remote tuning session setup or take the car to a local dyno guy. Bama tunes are 1- **** to begin with and 2- only good for the original customer. If you want to melt a piston or run too lean or too rich because Bama doesn't actually tune anything you can go with them too... but you will have to pay them $150 to do it. I recommend Tuning by James (google it) for a real good remote tune.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank u

Return the car to stock, have whoever sold it to you unmarry it and then contact a legit tuner to get a legit remote tuning session setup or take the car to a local dyno guy. Bama tunes are 1- **** to begin with and 2- only good for the original customer. If you want to melt a piston or run too lean or too rich because Bama doesn't actually tune anything you can go with them too... but you will have to pay them $150 to do it. I recommend Tuning by James (google it) for a real good remote tune.

again sorry not a tech savey guy bu I got a lock smith friend to hook u to it n clear the ecu n its working as it should letting everyone know that a simple lock smith flash for a $20 bill will fix my forum title atleast it did mine except tunes r **** cant get it to run right without overloading or missing if I keep on ill be building another 4.6

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
very simple fix

Duplicate meaning that's now TWO threads you started on the same subject.

You installed a tune vin locked to someone else's car onto yours. No can do. Return the car to stock as you've been told already.
I called my local lock smith he came and flashe the ecu n $20 later n my car excepted and works like its supposed to just tunes r **** if I cant get it o run right ima just buy a new one and eaton charger combo special lol

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
A locksmith came out for $20 and flashed a car's ECU? I don't even know what the hell he is talking about and I doubt he does either.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
A locksmith came out for $20 and flashed a car's ECU? I don't even know what the hell he is talking about and I doubt he does either.
Did you miss the fact he is a good mechanic?:p:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts