Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
I had the same problem the other day.. First time in 7 yrs that I've owned her... I don't really know what fixed it since I try almost everything but I do remember I took the key off the ignition, shut the door and lock it them repeat the procedure backwards
Lamme know if it works for you!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You guys probably need new batteries... get em tested for free at kragen... Id start there for sure
The battery is fine

---------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

I had the same problem the other day.. First time in 7 yrs that I've owned her... I don't really know what fixed it since I try almost everything but I do remember I took the key off the ignition, shut the door and lock it them repeat the procedure backwards
Lamme know if it works for you!
I tried unhooking the battery, turning the key on an off rapidly etc. how do I unhook the theft system?

·
Registered
294 Posts
The battery is fine

---------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

I tried unhooking the battery, turning the key on an off rapidly etc. how do I unhook the theft system?
I don't think you can disable that feature since is a module related deal unless you have a rotunda scan tool.. Try locking and unlocking the doors with the key on, I know it has something to do the order you did things(locked it first then shut the engine off then tried to get out with the doors being locked)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't think you can disable that feature since is a module related deal unless you have a rotunda scan tool.. Try locking and unlocking the doors with the key on, I know it has something to do the order you did things(locked it first then shut the engine off then tried to get out with the doors being locked)
Looks like ill be taking it to the dealership.. Nothing is working.. Lol thanks anyway guys

·
Registered
113 Posts
If you have a tilt wheel, move it in the other direction... I had the same problem with my 99, there is a wiring harness that gets damaged after a while from moving the tilt wheel...

Mine would only start when the wheel was down.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you have a tilt wheel, move it in the other direction... I had the same problem with my 99, there is a wiring harness that gets damaged after a while from moving the tilt wheel...

Mine would only start when the wheel was down.
Lmao I think I even moved that before it finally started... Thanks man

1 - 12 of 12 Posts