Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen the article in the October issue of Mustang Enthusiast regarding V6 upgrades? In this, they imply (if not specifically state) that the 99+ Intake can be swapped onto a 94-98. I didn't think this was possible. Can anyone confirm this?

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
yeah it can.. youd have to swap out the heads and intakes but you can do it

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
don't forget the fuel rail and throttle cable

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
99+ heads, intakes, TB, throttle cable, and a modified fuel rail. it's not bad, just alot of work, figure an all day thing. But you get about 40 horses from it.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Explain modified fuel rail.

I don't remember if my '98 is returnless. I don't think it is.

Now with the small stuff, with the computer react the same? I know I would need another style of CAI.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Your 98 is not returnless, only the newer 99+ V6's are. So someone has to make a fuel rail for you by welding pieces of the return system to the returnless one. Your computer will be fine.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
I forgot to add all the EGR stuff and coil pack and wires unless you just delete the EGR stuff you won't need these items.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Kinda, Figure to pay close to $600 for everything is you install it yourself. Hopefully when I sell my single big valve heads, and intakes, it'll cover the cost plus some.

·
Registered
800 Posts
thats alot of money for only 40horses....

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
But if you get them ported and polished, it'll cost more, but then you'll start seeing more horsepower close to that of adding a supercharger for about $2000 less. It's all about air flow.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
S0, if I went to my local junkyard, my parts list would be:

99 Heads
99 Upper Intake
99 Lower Intake
99 Coil Pack
99 TB and linkage
99 EGR Related Stuff

All for 40HP and 10 ft/tq. Plus the cost of the installation stuff. Worth it or not? Speaking in stuff from the junkyard?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts