Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Im not a fan of Flowmasters, but i have heard a few of them with duals around here, one guy in particular has an O/R h pipe. It sounds good at idle, and low RPMs but gets a little tinney at the upper RPMs. Probably have pretty close to the same sound with single exhaust?

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
NO gain or loss, will be noiser (not in a good way). I dont understand why you would keep one mufflers and not go with 2 muffler and 2 tail pipes. This defeats doing any exhaust work. This makes my head hurt "" WHERE IS THE ADVIL"" HAHAHAHHAHAHA J/K

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
so your not running tailpipes?? I think theres a little to gain by going with dual exhaust, I don't have any proof, aside from my butt dyno, but when i wen't to dual it seemed like i had a little more midrange power.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no i'm not running a tailpipe cause my cousin works at autos unlimited performace in Bean Station TN, and his stang has a flow dumped and it makes it louder inside the car which I love to hear the car also thanks for your input so far its been helpful

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
no problem, thats what we are here for. thats probably the biggest complaint made about flowmasters,is the drone.....but since you like it go for it :thumbs2:

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
bpmadsx said:
is dumping bad or what I don't know much about it ?
Dumping is not bad, you will hear it louder at idle but driving down the road it is not that bad. But still why not have 2 flows instead of one. You are relieving back pressure on the front side with the cats removed but you are restricting it on the back side by one running one exhaust pipe and one muffler

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
you will probably lose 5hp and 5tq by taking off your cats the car will be very loud and sound totaly horrible flowmasters sound just like any other v6 muffler on the market in 2 chamber they all are nearly identical.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
you will probably lose 5hp and 5tq by taking off your cats the car will be very loud and sound totaly horrible flowmasters sound just like any other v6 muffler on the market in 2 chamber they all are nearly identical in sound.

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
I think I creamed myself listening to those cars... damn. That'll help me A LOT in my search for the ultimate muffler

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
ok, I have a question.... I'm going to build my own dual exhaust... I don't want mufflers on it... is this bad for my car, or will it not make a difference? (v-6)

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
jimmy_beaner said:
ok, I have a question.... I'm going to build my own dual exhaust... I don't want mufflers on it... is this bad for my car, or will it not make a difference? (v-6)
Not sure, I know that sometimes with 2.5 inch systems people loose power from not enough back pressure, you might have the same problem without mufflers, who knows?:wtf2:

·
Registered
166 Posts
It will be LOUD dude. When you get on it hard its gonna ring out your ears with no cats and flows. lol If your heart is set on no cats id go with 50 series 3 chamber mufflers assuming you want flows. Ive heard both and the 50s sounded better all around imo. Didnt thin out as much up top either.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts