Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 40 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
A section on tuners and tuning has been added to the OP, please let me know if i left anything out.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Can a mod make this a sticky?? Itll reduce the amount of pointless exhaust/intake threads that have been covered a million times.

Good job voltwings! Very informative!

ig - @bradpigden
I doubt anything will reduce those threads...

·
Registered
813 Posts
Great write up, Voltwings! I hope this reduces redundant threads. I think you mean "objective" and not "subjective" in the last paragraph.

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Great write up, Voltwings! I hope this reduces redundant threads. I think you mean "objective" and not "subjective" in the last paragraph.

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Sure did, thanks for the catch!

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Feel free to link my thread on bama tunes and anything else to the tunes if you would like. Reading through that thread will answer pretty much any question someone wanting to tune will have . Good job again on this

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Feel free to link my thread on bama tunes and anything else to the tunes if you would like. Reading through that thread will answer pretty much any question someone wanting to tune will have . Good job again on this

Added to OP, thank you sir.

·
Premium Member
6,003 Posts
I doubt anything will reduce those threads...
It may not reduce the threads, however now you can post the link to this sticky and hopefully it will answer most of their questions, or they will come back to their thread and ask further questions

·
Registered
1,831 Posts

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Awesome write up, should help a lot! I know it helped me understand things a little better.

How about making it manditory for all new members to visit this thread before posting?

Also here is a great link for exhaust clips for the 3.7:
3.7L V6 Mustang Exhaust Clip Compilation | A 3.7L V6 Mustang Owner Resource for Modifications and Repairs

Thanks for the link, i am trying to move this to the OP, but it looks like the "edit" button is gone ... is there a limit to the number of times you can edit a post?

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
An addition to the exhaust section comes to mind. Obviously sound is very subjective, but the topic of power gains and back pressure have been beaten to death, axle backs vs cat backs, pipe diameters, etc.

Maybe even how to change the sound with things like resonators. I'm in that boat personally, finding the perfect placement for resonators to eliminate the new drone and the ever present rasp.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
An addition to the exhaust section comes to mind. Obviously sound is very subjective, but the topic of power gains and back pressure have been beaten to death, axle backs vs cat backs, pipe diameters, etc.

Maybe even how to change the sound with things like resonators. I'm in that boat personally, finding the perfect placement for resonators to eliminate the new drone and the ever present rasp.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
That!! And the issue of hi flow cats. I personally haven't heard em in person, however they're known to make your exhaust system loud. Do they bring in rasp/tin can sound like a catless system? And by loud, does it mean they will amplify the 'mild' gurgle of stock/gt500 exhaust?

Just a couple of questions I have, much like a noobie going to venture into this setup.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
That!! And the issue of hi flow cats. I personally haven't heard em in person, however they're known to make your exhaust system loud. Do they bring in rasp/tin can sound like a catless system? And by loud, does it mean they will amplify the 'mild' gurgle of stock/gt500 exhaust?

Just a couple of questions I have, much like a noobie going to venture into this setup.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
No gurgle. ALL Rasp...

·
Registered
311 Posts
Good write up.

Could it be expanded to break it down to a bit more detail on each section? For example tuners, maybe a breakdown of the more popular brands of tuners, what they do and where to find more detailed info for each brand. Or exhaust, again the most popular brands, straight through vs chambered, build material etc. all while trying to keep opinions on what's best to a minimum.

You could almost have a separate sticky for all the major common areas of mod - tuners, suspension, exhaust, intakes, FI. That could really help IMO.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
There's a link to my thread which covers tuning and tuners in heavy detail.
Exhaust has been and will be beat to death over and over again and people just do not read or listen.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Good write up.

Could it be expanded to break it down to a bit more detail on each section? For example tuners, maybe a breakdown of the more popular brands of tuners, what they do and where to find more detailed info for each brand. Or exhaust, again the most popular brands, straight through vs chambered, build material etc. all while trying to keep opinions on what's best to a minimum.

You could almost have a separate sticky for all the major common areas of mod - tuners, suspension, exhaust, intakes, FI. That could really help IMO.

I have lost the ability to edit OP it seems (must have been edited too many times already) but at some point i can look to sit down and make something like this. I really do appreciate others input on this, its not something i want to take all the credit for (nor certainly be solely responsible for) so i appreciate any and all input.

·
Premium Member
6,003 Posts
I have lost the ability to edit OP it seems (must have been edited too many times already) but at some point i can look to sit down and make something like this. I really do appreciate others input on this, its not something i want to take all the credit for (nor certainly be solely responsible for) so i appreciate any and all input.
If you would like something edited then you can type it up in a PM to me and I should be able to copy and paste it into the post

·
Registered
77 Posts
Great post ! Very informative ! But it ´s a costly post ? if you can't control yourself !

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

21 - 40 of 191 Posts