Mustang Evolution Forum banner

41 - 60 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Just did some searching around on here as well as a couple other forums I'm apart of and still no answer. maybe if anyone knows we can add this to the list:
Does changing out your over axel pipes improve the V6 performance?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Just did some searching around on here as well as a couple other forums I'm apart of and still no answer. maybe if anyone knows we can add this to the list:
Does changing out your over axel pipes improve the V6 performance?

I believe with most cars nowadays, changing anything after the cat will not change performance, just sound.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I believe with most cars nowadays, changing anything after the cat will not change performance, just sound.
Thats what I was was thnking myself and what some of the other forums have said. Besides the midpipe there's no performance to gain from changing the exhaust.

I'm still seeing guys change out their over axel pipes and say its because they changed the midpipe and want to have an even flow. I don't know but its one of the first things people do to their cars is get a cat-back so before someone goes and dumps $700 on a set of mufflers and over axel pipes (which is all that any company offers as a "cat-back" for our cars) maybe we can find a definitive answer to this?

·
Registered
245 Posts
The best part of this is how it comes down to "leave the suspension alone". (upgrading bushings and other wear-related parts aside, of course) The engineers at Ford pretty much have set the car up to handle anything short of actual racing.

I will say that for me with other cars in the past, headers and gears were the best bang for the buck. I don't think my car needs them, though. It's already silly fast in typical Los Angeles traffic.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
LOL, I think even a bone stock Hyundai Accent is silly fast in the traffic.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I drove one of those when I had my mustang at the dealership. Man did I feel I was going so slow, felt like forever just to take off. When I had it I came across another Accent who waved at me I was like w/e man haha. Worst part of that rental was it didn't have tint, even my little sister was "I hate this car, it doesn't have tint to much sun heat coming in, I want yours back" lol

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
My dad owns a base 2010 Sonata. It's like driving a plastic fish bowl powered by hamsters.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
813 Posts
Have you guys ever finished a long, late night at work, was just about to pull into your driveway, and decided to drive your mustang aimlessly around country back roads for half an hour instead, listening to the exhaust note and feeling the acceleration? That's what I just did, and it is an experience that plastic fish bowl drivers will never have.

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Have you guys ever finished a long, late night at work, was just about to pull into your driveway, and decided to drive your mustang aimlessly around country back roads for half an hour instead, listening to the exhaust note and feeling the acceleration? That's what I just did, and it is an experience that plastic fish bowl drivers will never have.

Yep. I occasionally take back roads home just because I enjoy driving it. Or make excuses to go to the next town over lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
102 Posts

MY office is in my house but usually once i stop I instantly jump in and go find a twisty back road. Best stress reliever ever. I like to think my stang keeps my blood pressure down :)

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Oooh country bavk roads...didn't have much in SoCal, but out in Mas, they are everywhere! Best feeling...can't wait to get home and take her out for a light cruise.

41 - 60 of 191 Posts