Mustang Evolution Forum banner

61 - 80 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Yep. I occasionally take back roads home just because I enjoy driving it. Or make excuses to go to the next town over lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
I think we all do lol. My bro and I took off at the same time from school once (separate vehicles), he got to the house way first than me. When I got there he asked me what took me so long. Told him I took the back roads to spend more time with my mustang. He was like why. Told him I don't spend enough time with her and just wouldn't understand lol

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I think we all do lol. My bro and I took off at the same time from school once (separate vehicles), he got to the house way first than me. When I got there he asked me what took me so long. Told him I took the back roads to spend more time with my mustang. He was like why. Told him I don't spend enough time with her and just wouldn't understand lol

Lol I end up just leaving all the time to go driving. Lmfao

Naturally Aspirated Is Lyfe

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
There's a link to my thread which covers tuning and tuners in heavy detail.
Exhaust has been and will be beat to death over and over again and people just do not read or listen.

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
HOLY ****ING **** YES!! Im so tired of seeing the same threads on here over and over "Im buying headers soon, should i get LT or Shorties? :lalayla:" (add a ****ing hello kitty gif in there as well) :facepalm:
Somebody with REAL power on this site...Voltwings, SoCalStang, ANYBODY?! Can we make it a requirement that new members HAVE to read this before joining into threads or Starting their own threads. Its such a waste of space that you cant find articles anymore in the search because EVERY thread has some post by an idiot about something that was covered extensively on another. try searching for grabber thread...i bet you it will be close to the bottom because its been pushed (no cheating by searching his SN either).

Also I push to ban or immediately close all threads started with some reference to "V6 vs V8"....its ****ing annoying...grow up.:banghead:

OP!...Here it is...3rd from bottom! http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/search.php?searchid=3926617

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Its ... its going to be ok haha.

Though i must say, i do agree, which was part of the reason for wanting a thread like this. Ideally it would have Dynos and charts, datalogs, but i think many of us just like the time (or effort) to really make it that extensive of a database. At that point too, this thread would become just as difficult to find information in so ... its kind of a catch 22.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Was that a little too harsh?...

Not if it becomes a required read or a STICKY...something that sits above everything and needed along with 200 posts before people start their own threads at least with performance section. if there was a section for things like..."Weird vibrations" or someone who just wants an opinion about an issue they are having then they can post in that section all they want, but no more," WHICH CAI SHOULD I BUY? *teehee*"

Also we do have Dynos and charts...somewhere out there. if we can get some people to post up or email what they have already, we can filter it out get it set up properly and then re open a new thread (this one is good but now its hard to navigate) and make it a sticky. You cant post in it because it wil be locked, but there will be links to previouse threads and specific posts for people to easily navigate and PROPORLY educate themselves before they start blabbing their "knowledge" about how,"3" piping is mandetory if you want the most power when you turbo because they had that on their Honda blah blah blah..." *the voice of Jabba the hut choking to death*

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
No, haha and you worded it just so elegantly :cheers:

On Mazdaspeed forums (my first performance car and forum) You got a "Welcome PM," outlining the basic known issues of the Mazda: Address the high pressure fuel pump for the DI, address the soft rear motor mount, The Cobb Accessport is the preferred method of tuning... Newbs were expected to know at least that much, so there was a pretty low tolerance for redundant questions. I understand the mods want this to be a welcome and inviting forum, as well it should be, but it took some getting used to here and i do believe in at least a little effort being put in on behalf of the one asking the questions.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Maybe there should be a required 10-15 comments within threads before new members can create their own topics, so that way they're forced to find those better threads and read em before they can ask their own questions.

SR Performance CAI, Diablosport Intune bama tuner, Roush Axleback, Matte black rocker stripes.

·
Premium Member
6,003 Posts
Was that a little too harsh?...

Not if it becomes a required read or a STICKY...something that sits above everything and needed along with 200 posts before people start their own threads at least with performance section. if there was a section for things like..."Weird vibrations" or someone who just wants an opinion about an issue they are having then they can post in that section all they want, but no more," WHICH CAI SHOULD I BUY? *teehee*"

Also we do have Dynos and charts...somewhere out there. if we can get some people to post up or email what they have already, we can filter it out get it set up properly and then re open a new thread (this one is good but now its hard to navigate) and make it a sticky. You cant post in it because it wil be locked, but there will be links to previouse threads and specific posts for people to easily navigate and PROPORLY educate themselves before they start blabbing their "knowledge" about how,"3" piping is mandetory if you want the most power when you turbo because they had that on their Honda blah blah blah..." *the voice of Jabba the hut choking to death*
This thread is already stickied

·
Registered
813 Posts
I totally agree that members need to search more before they create new threads. However, a part of the problem is that the search feature on this site is gawd awful. I have much better luck searching using google. If you type "site:mustangevolution.com" at the end of the search in google it will restrict the results to just this website. It's way better than the search feature on ME.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I totally agree that members need to search more before they create new threads. However, a part of the problem is that the search feature on this site is gawd awful. I have much better luck searching using google. If you type "site:mustangevolution.com" at the end of the search in google it will restrict the results to just this website. It's way better than the search feature on ME.
Truth. Several forums use this base Web design and it's poop. It needs an overhaul but of course that is expensive and time consuming.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
This thread is already stickied
Oh i was refering to a suggested NEW THREAD. Once we have gathered all info off this one, make a new one that has links to direct pics, posts or threads. Then Close it and Sticky it. (close it so no one can flood it with comments or questions and sticky it to keep it at the top at all times. That way it can be a reference vs typical thread ya know?)

·
Premium Member
6,003 Posts
Oh i was refering to a suggested NEW THREAD. Once we have gathered all info off this one, make a new one that has links to direct pics, posts or threads. Then Close it and Sticky it. (close it so no one can flood it with comments or questions and sticky it to keep it at the top at all times. That way it can be a reference vs typical thread ya know?)
Ah ok. We have a thread similar to that in the 99-04 GT section as well

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Catch cans...It's so damn retarded but what is up with catch cans and people being so damn certain that they magically help their car? Ya it makes sense. Oil gets into the intake manifold. Gets its way to the engine. We have all seen what happens when you don't change your oil regularly but come on. A shot of oil (1.5-2 Oz ) in a span of 1000 miles is so miniscule. Do we have any back up to this being an issue that justifies defending the use of a catch can so personally? How many of us really are going to keep our cars past 200k miles? By 160k I can see there being gunk built up. I've torn down some pretty nasty engines, most were driven daily as commuters for moderate drivers. Is it really that hard for people to just spray a carb or TB cleaner into there intake every now and then? You change your oil right? It's what I do, and merely thunk that paying $100 plus for something like that is a gimmick to get more money out of you by those companies.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Go Check that manifold porting thread I just posted, that manifold probably doesn't even have 40k miles on it and its pretty damn gross. I agree its probably insignificant in the grand scheme of things, but I figure the ~$130 I spent is cheap enough insurance to do my car what favors I can.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Ya, I read a few good things that helped me understand the whole thing. Including that it decreases octane.
I saw that thread. Good info man. Though I've seen worse. Yours was really clean.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Ghost Cams... does anyone have any info on those saved in their Subscription page? that would be nice to have on here as well.

61 - 80 of 188 Posts