Mustang Evolution Forum banner

141 - 160 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
I have a question about the SCT bama tuners. Do the SC3 and SC4 come preloaded with the same tunes? Is it dangerous to buy a used one?
The SCT is simply a device to transfer tunes to the car, and the 4 is just a newer and nicer version of the 3 with more features, but their core function is still the same.

These tuners, depending on who you buy them from new, can come preloaded with any tune. If you buy from Bama it will have a bama tune, from MPT it will have an MPT tune... When buying used, you need to make sure the tuning device has been "unmarried" from the previous owners vehicle, otherwise you cannot use it. If the tuner is unmarried, you can receive emailed tunes from any of the big companies and just load them up on the device yourself, hope this helps.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The SCT is simply a device to transfer tunes to the car, and the 4 is just a newer and nicer version of the 3 with more features, but their core function is still the same.

These tuners, depending on who you buy them from new, can come preloaded with any tune. If you buy from Bama it will have a bama tune, from MPT it will have an MPT tune... When buying used, you need to make sure the tuning device has been "unmarried" from the previous owners vehicle, otherwise you cannot use it. If the tuner is unmarried, you can receive emailed tunes from any of the big companies and just load them up on the device yourself, hope this helps.
I see. So even if I pick up a used one, I will be able to get the Bama street tune from them? I just email them and ask for it?

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
Correct, though i would check their website, most tuning companies will want you to fill out a form with information from your vehicle. Just do your research here, people are usually pretty vocal about which tunes they like and which tunes they dont ;) There's actually a very good link in the OP to check out.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I figured I would post in this since it sounds like a noob question and I don't want to make a pointless new thread asking what I feel would be an already asked a million times question.

Can springs ment for an 05-14 fit a 2011-2012 V6 properly?
I got the RTR springs from...well his SN is RTR lol and just saw the size of the springs. They look huge. Then again I havnt seen springs for our cars in person that havnt been installed before.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
They should "fit," but i dont know that it will give you the ride height or performance you want. Thats all going to come down to the spring rate, which isnt often advertised.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
They should "fit," but i dont know that it will give you the ride height or performance you want. Thats all going to come down to the spring rate, which isnt often advertised.
RTR Tactical
Front: 228 lb/in.
Rear: 199.5 lb/in.

looks decent...a little soft in the rear but then again Im not sure what stock is so it may just be perfect.

K

·
0 Posts
I tried searching but cannot find anything with numbers. Has anyone seen any hard numbers that compared the Steeda cai vs say k&n typhoon or airaid's? I currently have the Airaid Synthamax and I know it doesn't do alot really.

Since I have the BBK tb, shorties, and tune, i figured i may get a couple of ponies from the Steeda cai?

Any thoughts?

Also, would shaving the fins behind the TB do anything as far as better performance when coupled with other supporting mods?

I would imagine by smoothing out the airway, it could only lead to be beneficial. Just like replacing the stock intake tube with a smooth one to eliminate the baffles?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Smoothing out the intake will defiantly help. How much. Who the hell knows. But if you have more air coming in than going out that's also not to good. If you've got any stock exhaust component left get rid of them to allow the motor to breath at its full potential.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I tried searching but cannot find anything with numbers. Has anyone seen any hard numbers that compared the Steeda cai vs say k&n typhoon or airaid's? I currently have the Airaid Synthamax and I know it doesn't do alot really.

Since I have the BBK tb, shorties, and tune, i figured i may get a couple of ponies from the Steeda cai?

Any thoughts?

Also, would shaving the fins behind the TB do anything as far as better performance when coupled with other supporting mods?

I would imagine by smoothing out the airway, it could only lead to be beneficial. Just like replacing the stock intake tube with a smooth one to eliminate the baffles?
Smoothing out the intake will defiantly help. How much. Who the hell knows. But if you have more air coming in than going out that's also not to good. If you've got any stock exhaust component left get rid of them to allow the motor to breath at its full potential.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
What primal said. There is not going to be much of a noticable improvment over stock intake unless you have a few other supporting mods and I say this now but a DATALOG. Get yourself BAMA tunes for life. add parts and get it data logged to get a TRUE customized tune. Since doing that i notice a major difference when running said Datalogged tune with stock intake and KN filter and running my CAI.

If you are just running a stock or basic "canned" tune then you wont get much other than sound and a pretty cool looking engine.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well mostly want to fix my ****ty shift points and 1st gear lurches during a slow stop. Maybe some throttle response would be nice too.

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

Doesn't it help those things?

·
Registered
245 Posts
The biggest help for these cars is getting rid of the mile high stock gearing. As for the lurches, I just put it in neutral when coming to a complete stop.

The only two mods that I've done to mine ( so far ) are the transmission mount insert and the Blowfish racing bracket. It vibrates and makes more noise, as it should. But shifts are as clean as any European sport sedan.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
What does a 87 Bama tune do to your gas mileage?
I think you may get better responses to exactly what your interest and concerns are if you started a new thread.
Also, try to spell out all your questions and be specific as possible.

·
Registered
66 Posts
This thread has been immensely helpful to someone who know very little about the workings of a car not too long ago. Thanks for the detailed write-up!

K

·
0 Posts
I want to add a lot of power and style to my car but don't want to be like everyone else. Should I get Pypes Axlebacks, an Airaid Cold Air Intake, or Bullitt rims?

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

141 - 160 of 187 Posts