Mustang Evolution Forum banner

161 - 180 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
I know, that's why I found it so funny. When I was looking into my first mods, I browsed AmericanMuscle all the time, reading their articles and product reviews. Those items kept being recommended and popping up all the time so that might be one of the reasons why most people start with those.

K

·
0 Posts
No it is because they are usually pretty cheap. Used Airaids for sale all over the place. Pypes is like one of THE cheapest Axleback systems iirc.

I will admit I got my tridents because they were cheap and I was just trying to get a bunch of mods with a certain budget. But they aren't AS bad as Pypes imo.

I guess it is all personal taste.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
No it is because they are usually pretty cheap. Used Airaids for sale all over the place. Pypes is like one of THE cheapest Axleback systems iirc.

I will admit I got my tridents because they were cheap and I was just trying to get a bunch of mods with a certain budget. But they aren't AS bad as Pypes imo.

I guess it is all personal taste.
Thats a big factor. Personal taste.

Most people HATE the Pypes which is why you will see so many for sale used and the Airaids, not sure why.

Maybe they bought it thinking they will gain 15 hp and when they realized that its 15hp spread all across the power band and NOT peak they decide to "get their money back" .

Thats another thing These companies will sell you a product but almost none will offer a refund unless its defective.
You dont like the sound, it doesnt produce the power you thought it would...they just say "Oh well. Your loss" ....

Now if this is not true than by all means i may just want to get a name brand product to try it and if i dont like it return it.... reminds me of my Mega Air Spacer LOL...I want to use it...ive seen the before and after dyno sheets from several people who have them, but mine doesnt work with my tune...it acts like poop and i would love to return it but they wont accept it. its now used.

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
We have something like this already in place, and the topics in the first post are already there. The way it works is that if you have a suggestion or submission, PM a moderator, and they will add it to the existing sticky in the "Mustang DIY and Technical" Forum":
http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f392/t364227/

·
Registered
9 Posts
2012 v-6 manual suspension

Am new to the site and am having trouble finding how to post a new question.
Most specifically about suspensions. Came across your thread and was impressed.
Good information to start.
senior member....by age
jrstang

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
Am new to the site and am having trouble finding how to post a new question.
Most specifically about suspensions. Came across your thread and was impressed.
Good information to start.
senior member....by age
jrstang
Thank you. If you have any additional questions, i recommend searching the site via google since the on board search feature isnt great ( i feel this way about every forum).

For example, i would type: "3.7 mustang suspension help mustangevolution" into google, and it will pull up links to threads with similar wording on this site. Good luck, and welcome.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks volt. This has helped me out for future plans.

2012 performance white, performance package, MCA package, HID headlights, BAMA 93R tune, JLT cold air intake

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I see. So even if I pick up a used one, I will be able to get the Bama street tune from them? I just email them and ask for it?
Also note that the SCT4 DOES have a box tune on it. So, if you buy a used one first make damn sure the seller UNMARRIED the device. Then second, make sure you RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULT when you get the device. Third, connect the SCT via wifi and UPDATE the tuner with the latest files.

Now, after all of that, if I were you I would try the box tune that comes with the SCT4. I chose 91 octane for better compression, and set my max rev at 7000, then removed the max speed. The box tune actually greatly improved the dumbed down stock tune of my auto transmission and my Mustang's overall performance was greatly improved.

I would only pay for a "custom tune" if my Mustang was heavily modded. Otherwise you're wasting your money.

·
Registered
5 Posts
voltwing you helped me to decide KEEP IT STOCK is the best answer... first time i have read something totaly on the mark . thanks for the thread. I'm new to this site but not to owning a mustang, i have two of them right now and had a total of four, 65 pony, 68 , 99 and now 2016 the only car that matters...

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
voltwing you helped me to decide KEEP IT STOCK is the best answer... first time i have read something totaly on the mark . thanks for the thread. I'm new to this site but not to owning a mustang, i have two of them right now and had a total of four, 65 pony, 68 , 99 and now 2016 the only car that matters...
These v6s are a ton of fun when exposed to a few mods, so hopefully it wont stay stock too long ;). Glad to see you found this write up helpful though.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yeah I'd like to thank you as well Volt, for the guide. I recently got my tuner and wow does it drive so much more aggressively. Getting my 3.73 gears installed this week can't wait to see how it drives then.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Food for thought

Power train warranty is five years or
60,000 miles.:whistling:

·
Registered
773 Posts
Also note that the SCT4 DOES have a box tune on it. So, if you buy a used one first make damn sure the seller UNMARRIED the device. Then second, make sure you RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULT when you get the device. Third, connect the SCT via wifi and UPDATE the tuner with the latest files.

Now, after all of that, if I were you I would try the box tune that comes with the SCT4. I chose 91 octane for better compression, and set my max rev at 7000, then removed the max speed. The box tune actually greatly improved the dumbed down stock tune of my auto transmission and my Mustang's overall performance was greatly improved.

I would only pay for a "custom tune" if my Mustang was heavily modded. Otherwise you're wasting your money.
The only thing I would add to this is, if you buy the SCT tuner new from MPT, Bama or Steeda, you will get the boxed tunes that come with the SCT tuner and the custom tunes from MPT, Bama or Steeda are included free. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
The only thing I would add to this is, if you buy the SCT tuner new from MPT, Bama or Steeda, you will get the boxed tunes that come with the SCT tuner and the custom tunes from MPT, Bama or Steeda are included free. :thumb:
Just trying to get more familiar with some of the details myself and found this so far.

Steeda - SCT Tuner with 1 custom tune - $400
Bama - SCT Tuner with 2 custom tunes - $400
MPT - SCT Tuner with 3 custom tunes - $450

·
Registered
773 Posts
Just trying to get more familiar with some of the details myself and found this so far.

Steeda - SCT Tuner with 1 custom tune - $400
Bama - SCT Tuner with 2 custom tunes - $400
MPT - SCT Tuner with 3 custom tunes - $450
Got mine from MPT during Christmas sale for $375. Best time to buy the big ticket items is around the end of the year. Have always saved money. I just checked MPT's website and they have the SCT tuner and 3 custom tunes bundle for $400 ($399.95). Here's the link: http://www.morepowertuning.com/sct-7015-x4-ford-mustang-3.7l

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
That's good to know about the end of year deals. I'm not quite ready for mine yet.

That's the MPT ad I was looking at. The title is misleading. When you go down to "Please Choose an Option", you have to add $50 for the MPT tunes. (Unless I missed something.)

161 - 180 of 187 Posts