Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They all need to be changed. I don't want to risk losing the belt and causing more damage. And my breaks are awful. They quoted 1300 out the door. Sound reasonable?

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Sounds high to me. But I do my own ****

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
jamin22786 said:
If that includes the a/c it's reasonable, but I'd ask if you can order your own pads and rotors, might as well upgrade.
This ^. And honestly I would expect them to say you couldn't use aftermarket stuff. With most aftermarket stuff that can do with the safety of the vehicle (such as brakes) shops don't want to be responsible due to faulty components simply because they can't be sure of the quality.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
i work for Advance and honestly that's pricey to my ears...i mean the most expensive compressor i sell is a new unit and would be around $300...and that's of course for only certain cars...you'd need to check on pricing yourself for your car. and pads and rotors should run less then $150 for everything if you're buying top tier pads (i'm talking like Hawk pads from online too) ...do the work yourself and save half what they quoted..because that seems more labor charges then anything..and compressor swaps are easy (i've done them in the parking lot lol)...you can refill the oil and r134 for about $50

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
1slosix said:
i work for Advance and honestly that's pricey to my ears...i mean the most expensive compressor i sell is a new unit and would be around $300...and that's of course for only certain cars...you'd need to check on pricing yourself for your car. and pads and rotors should run less then $150 for everything if you're buying top tier pads (i'm talking like Hawk pads from online too) ...do the work yourself and save half what they quoted..because that seems more labor charges then anything..and compressor swaps are easy (i've done them in the parking lot lol)...you can refill the oil and r134 for about $50
Sounds like driveway & maybe 500$ vs. their garage & 1300$

Win/lose
Just my 2 cents. Not trying to nag

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Sounds like driveway & maybe 500$ vs. their garage & 1300$

Win/lose
Just my 2 cents. Not trying to nag
no i agree...it all comes down to does the OP want to take the time and do it...or drop it off for them. for me i won't allow a shop to work on anything i own. mainly because i like to try new things and it makes me feel closer to my car

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
1slosix said:
no i agree...it all comes down to does the OP want to take the time and do it...or drop it off for them. for me i won't allow a shop to work on anything i own. mainly because i like to try new things and it makes me feel closer to my car
+1 I trust few people with my ride + the experience rocks

·
Registered
321 Posts
I bought my two front rotors from tirerack.com with the pads for about $200, the rotors was slotted and drilled. Then I installed them myself, it took about one hour maybe a little more and that was the first time I'm doing it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts