Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanna take my ac out its not working plus I just wanna remove clutter out of my engine bay. It's not an everyday driver so I just don't need it. Where's the best place to find out how to take it out. What do you all think

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Wanna take my ac out its not working plus I just wanna remove clutter out of my engine bay. It's not an everyday driver so I just don't need it. Where's the best place to find out how to take it out. What do you all think
Just unbolt and disconnect the compressor and all of the lines and remove them.
If it still has freon in it you should have that vacuumed out at a repair shop.
You will need to run a smaller belt to bypass the A/C compressor.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Trojan Horse said:
Just unbolt and disconnect the compressor and all of the lines and remove them.
If it still has freon in it you should have that vacuumed out at a repair shop.
You will need to run a smaller belt to bypass the A/C compressor.
On latemodelrestoration.com they have some a/c delete plates available that will put the power steering pump up where the a/c compressor was...only about 40 bucks wit shipping and gives yur engine bay a good look...also an easy install ;)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I took out the ac and the belt rubs what do I need to do, if I do something I wanna make sure I can still use under drive pulleys.??

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
90Stang_5.0 said:
On latemodelrestoration.com they have some a/c delete plates available that will put the power steering pump up where the a/c compressor was...only about 40 bucks wit shipping and gives yur engine bay a good look...also an easy install ;)
+1 moving the P/S up to the AC position has another positive, it clocks the pump into a more optimal position which will help it live longer. As far as your AC goes, what do you mean the belt is rubbing? It's rubbing a mounting bracket? Watch it while it's running to make sure the belt is tracking perfectly straight. It maybe a rib or two off if it's rubbing.

·
Banned
330 Posts
is rubbing on the timming chain cover right? mine did i put a thin washer on the small pulley on the right top side . also you can try these page . How To Delete The A/ C System***PICS*** - Mustang Forums at StangNet .

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's rubbing on the water pump and the thing that tightens the belt. I think I'll have get that under-drive pulley ac delete kit. Do we get a discount there like we do at am?

---------- Post added at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

Oh and thanks you guys really are a big help for a young kid like me who doesn't know crap

1 - 9 of 9 Posts