Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Yes delete frees up horsepower and weight I removed mine still gotta remove the a/c pulley though. I say a difference in time at my track from it along with moving my battery to the back.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What all have u done? I noticed in another thread u have a lot of **** done that i wanna do. I ant see pullin my ac though as this is my dd and its gonna make for some hot summers if i do.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Mine is my daily driver to since I still have the ac pulley It still blows air just like a fan does and it's good enough for me.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How much weight did that take off?

---------- Post added at 02:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 AM ----------

And i just bought this stang a month ago.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Nice. and 30 pounds total. Plus the few horsepower it freed up like maybe 5 to 8. But hey every pound and every horsepower adds up..

·
Registered
229 Posts
Whats the wight difference in a tubular k member and the stock one? Thats the next thing im buyin, just bought some 15 inch weld rims to knock down on the rotating weight my old rims and tires weighed roughly 43 lbs a piece these weigh like 20 a piece!

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cutting weight and the qai moves the wheels forward a little and ntm gives u more access when doin maintenance.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Aftermarket l member not for a daily driver

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
It removes weight, however no power is "freed up". If the AC is off the compressor clutch pulley is just a free-wheeling idler, and the PCM turns the compressor off at WOT and any load greater than 70%...

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Id like to know how u remove an ac compressor w/o a pulley. I mean if u delete the compressor u would delete the pulley as well unleas u are talkin in terms of the ac system. And cliff is right ac compressor is a dead pulley or idler as long as the ac clutch isnt on.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Id like to know how u remove an ac compressor w/o a pulley. I mean if u delete the compressor u would delete the pulley as well unleas u are talkin in terms of the ac system. And cliff is right ac compressor is a dead pulley or idler as long as the ac clutch isnt on.
Of coarse it's probably a dead pulley though some people say it isn't I pulled mine of due to weight reduction. Also frees up a few horsepower and weight at the same time which realyl together adds up 30 pounds plus the extra horsepower it frees up. Yes it is worth it to me. Every little pound counts and the more Reduction the bigger my wheelie gets ;)

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
It frees no HP if the AC is kept off, or switched off by the PCM at throttle positions of more than 75-80% open--none, nada, zippo...

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Yes delete frees up horsepower and weight I removed mine still gotta remove the a/c pulley though. I say a difference in time at my track from it along with moving my battery to the back.
this is y i asked the dumb question, u said u still had the ac pulley which to me means u didnt delete the compressor, so its still a dead pulley which isnt any hp freed up at all, weight however if u deleted all the ac but the compressor u deff freed up some weight.

along with deleting the compressor u have to get a shorter drive belt now to power everything else, which im sure cliffyk should know what belt would do the job.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts