·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it worth $56 on ford racing?

·
Lorraine's driver
7,754 Posts
For less weight and free up a little HP, probably. But only if you know you won't want A/C. It sucks in the summer where I'm at. Lol You'd definitely want to do a complete removal of A/C related parts to get the full benefit. That pulley replaces the compressor, so you'll want to remove the hoses, receiver/drier/accumulator, and the condenser coil. You could probably leave the evaporator since its in the dash and would not be worth the effort to get to.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I did it and live in Texas ,

Of course it's going to be hot

Take off belt
Remove Compressor ( 3 bolts )
Plug hoses ( Prevent Damage to HVAC Damage )

And there you go

It comes with hardware in kit

·
Lorraine's driver
7,754 Posts
I did it and live in Texas ,

Of course it's going to be hot

Take off belt
Remove Compressor ( 3 bolts )
Plug hoses ( Prevent Damage to HVAC Damage )

And there you go

It comes with hardware in kit
Is it still worth it though if you don't remove the remaining engine compartment parts? That would be quite a bit of additional weight loss missed if not removed.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Is it still worth it though if you don't remove the remaining engine compartment parts? That would be quite a bit of additional weight loss missed if not removed.
Well I did the delete because compressor went out and had it for a while ( no money ) and then
Did my whole HVAC system .. Everything
And that was a pain, and honestly accumulator , hoses don't weigh very much.. All the weight is the compressor. But you can still take off lines and stuff.. Makes engine bay look cleaner

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You got a picture of before & after?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts