Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a problem with my a/c, first off it doesnt work...when I turn the a/c on my engine bogs down and rpms are unstable, flux from 400 to 700 back and forth. Even when you turn the heat on it does almost the same, not as extreme though. My only guess is the compressor, anyone else?

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Yeh...compressor is about the only thing I can think of

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ford told me it could be a dirty throttle body sensor, or i need to recharge my freon. im not sure, but i think i will have them recharge the freon and check for leaks and then go from there.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Yes it sounds like the Compressor is frozen up. and when the AC clutch engages it slows the engine down!!!!

Hey Warfire80 I really enjoy your avatar. Saturday Night Live skit about BOC and the Cow Bell MUHAHAHHAHAHAHHA with Christopher Watkins

;)

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
More Cow Bell

·
Registered
349 Posts
WITHOUT the engine running see if you can turn the center section of the compressor over. If so it ain't locked up. As for any other diagnosis, well guages really need to be put on the AC system and see what your pressures are. That'll tell you way more than our guesses.

As for the rpm fluctuating, dunno. I do know the computer will open up the idle speed motor to compensate for the copmpressor load when the AC is turned on at the dash. If the compressor doesn't turn on then the engine idle speed overshoots and the computer backs it down, maybe it's stuck in a cylical loop because the compressor isn't turning on.

Steve

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how about a sensor, could that be it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts