Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm creating this thread in response to the many exhaust threads that are already out there, and to help make people searching for this a little easier.

Roush
2011 Mustang GT Roush Axle Back Exhaust - YouTube

GT500
2011 Mustang GT 5.0 GT500 Exhaust Clip - YouTube

Borla S-Type
2011 Mustang GT Borla Exhaust - YouTube

Borla Atak
2011 Mustang GT with Borla ATAK Exhaust - YouTube

SLP Loudmouths
SLP 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Loud Mouth Exhaust (#M31023) - YouTube

Muffler deletes
2011 Ford Mustang GT Muffler Delete Kit - YouTube

This list is by no means exhaustive... feel free to add your own clips and videos on here.

One more thing to say, NONE of these will add hp and is highly unlikely it will void factory warranty.

Can we make this a sticky????

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
primer2tone said:
Aww shucks. Now what am I going to use this meme for?!
Where is the like button when you need it? Hows many 2k post members are needed to approve a sticky? :)

·
Registered
517 Posts
I've always loved borla, that video confirmed my expectations. That 5.0 is sick too!

So... Instead of a new thread, you brought up a question I had so figured I'd ask here. Exhaust systems don't really add any significant power, do they?

And a less educated one here... I have had a cat-back borla s type before, but this is different from the 'x pipe borla s type, right or are cat back and x or h pipes synonymous?

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm creating this thread in hopes that we can stop alot of these frivoulous "What's the coolest axleback to make my car loud and fast?" so here it is.

Roush
2011 Mustang GT Roush Axle Back Exhaust - YouTube

GT500
2011 Mustang GT 5.0 GT500 Exhaust Clip - YouTube

Borla S-Type
2011 Mustang GT Borla Exhaust - YouTube

Borla Atak
2011 Mustang GT with Borla ATAK Exhaust - YouTube

SLP Loudmouths
SLP 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Loud Mouth Exhaust (#M31023) - YouTube

Muffler deletes
2011 Ford Mustang GT Muffler Delete Kit - YouTube

This list is by no means exhaustive... but it took me 5 mins to make this post, shouldn't take much longer than that to research yourselves.

One more thing to say, NONE of these will add hp and is highly unlikely it will void factory warranty.

Can we make this a sticky????
I've always loved borla, that video confirmed my expectations. That 5.0 is sick too!

So... Instead of a new thread, you brought up a question I had so figured I'd ask here. Exhaust systems don't really add any significant power, do they?

And a less educated one here... I have had a cat-back borla s type before, but this is different from the 'x pipe borla s type, right or are cat back and x or h pipes synonymous?
cat back includes the xpipe, over axle pipes and mufflers whereas the axle backs are strictly mufflers

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
SolidRRaxle said:

Cat back includes an x or h, but is not necessarily synonymous. A cat back replaces the over axle pipes (and by extension resonators). Man x or h pipes are "off road" which means they bolt straight up to the headers and delete the cats. Many people use this in conjunction with an axleback for 20-30whp gains and extreme sound.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Napoleon85 said:
Cat back includes an x or h, but is not necessarily synonymous. A cat back replaces the over axle pipes (and by extension resonators). Man x or h pipes are "off road" which means they bolt straight up to the headers and delete the cats. Many people use this in conjunction with an axleback for 20-30whp gains and extreme sound.
Thank you!

So just to clarify, if I go car back (the one I am looking at is x shape but second hand so can't confirm it is branded x) but not cat-delete, am I only getting sound?

Trying to prioritize. Of this isn't a power adder I am going to do suspension first. Thanks again Napoleon and great thread

·
Registered
361 Posts
Its a wonderful idea in theory. But we all know what we will see in a week.. "which exhaust do you guys think i should get" then there will be a borla vs roush battle just so the guy can say thanks guys i bought the flowmasters!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Yeah the best answer is YouTube what you think you want and if their isn't a set up that you want then bam you can be the first one to YouTube that set up lol I love my exhaust set up and I didn't ask you guys what to get just told you guys what I bought lol

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
CZYFAST said:
Yeah the best answer is YouTube what you think you want and if their isn't a set up that you want then bam you can be the first one to YouTube that set up lol I love my exhaust set up and I didn't ask you guys what to get just told you guys what I bought lol
Thanks bro!

1 - 20 of 114 Posts