Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1.) Does anyones box slide around in there trunk? If so, what did you use to stop the sliding?

2.) Does a cap do anything at all that could help my system?

3.) Do I need to drill a hole in the firewall for a 8 guage wire or can I run it through another hole?

That's it.

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
run the wire through an existing hole.
my box does not slide around.
the cap helps if you have alot of lightinng: gauges,neon under kits, leds in the head lights, stronger head light bulbs.

·
Banned
11,189 Posts
cap is not useful. Do not buy one. If your running 8 gauge wire chances are your not going to need to worry about lights dimming ;)

I am running 2 gauge to a distribution block and 4 guage to a Directed 1100D . My lights are fine

·
Banned
11,189 Posts
You already have a whole in the firewal. Look under your dash for a rubber piece that covers it . Pull that rubber piece out enough to get it in. Its on the driverws side

·
I liek gramer
8,246 Posts
yeah, theres a hole w/ a rubber stopper there. no worries about stripping the wire w/ that rubber thing. it has a hole in the middle of it. Don't know if u can fit that wire through, but i bet u can.

·
Banned
11,189 Posts
WhiteStang99 said:
yeah, theres a hole w/ a rubber stopper there. no worries about stripping the wire w/ that rubber thing. it has a hole in the middle of it. Don't know if u can fit that wire through, but i bet u can.
lol I got 2 gauge wire through mine his will def. fit

·
Registered
121 Posts
dom I have 2 10" jensens in a bandpass box and my stuff slides all the time, im gonna have to figure a way to stop this.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Otherwise, I've seen people route wire up through the driver door as well. Just under the hood right in the corner there and into the door, then straight down to the door sill and to the back of the car.

·
I liek gramer
8,246 Posts
I have had wire going under the carpet and under the center console, under the car (protected of course), and down the side under the door sill. I personally prefer under the carpet and under the center console.

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
hmmm i guess i got lucky. theres a very large rubber boot that goes around the steering column on the eclipse. it has a nice 2" square of rubber that is before the actual shaft for the steering. everyone uses it to run anything they need to into their DSM's with that piece, and it requires no taking apart to get to. i love it, right now, i have a 8ga wire, boost guage hose,4 different wires going through it, and theres room for more.

but on the tbird, it was hell. i had to drill new holes everytime i wanted to add something. now that theres nothing in the holes, when you drive you get hot air from the headers going right through the holes onto youre leg. ghetto heater yo.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts