Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off...im honored to be in the running for Mustang of the Month for March
http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f343/t326447/#post1519179

Second: many many thanks for those that took the time to remove their crummy lip spoiler in favor of the GT/CS/Boss wing.....it was the inspiration to get rid of mine!

Third......Thanks to the member with the PDF on how to remove my rear bumper for mods...It was a great Help...Most Appreciated :)

NOW..for the next big question: How does one remove the Radio faceplate area and console top to vinyl wrap???? Many have talked me thru the dash...and I thank you!
But how the heck do you get the other 2 pieces off, and can you remove the steering wheels inserts to wrap them :(

Please let me know....
I want you all to know howe much of a help and inspiration you've been to me towards mods for "Slimer"! This is an awesome place we have to hang out....and would love to meet many of you for Mustang Week or the 50th Show in Charlotte next year ;)
:headbang:

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Open the armrest storage... Pull up on the console... It is entirely held in with pressure clips.

Unplug button connector and of applicable, the illuminated cup holder.

Two screws are at the base of the radio bezel.

Then pull up.

That's about it.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Holy Crap.....thats it??? (sheepish) well ill be buggered. BTW...how many clips am I gonna break..LOL?

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

how about the steering wheel trim...?
And thanks Cowboy for the vote....I really appreciate it!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Holy Crap.....thats it??? (sheepish) well ill be buggered. BTW...how many clips am I gonna break..LOL?
Surprisingly, no clips get damaged... I've pulled it like 5 times for various reasons. Still holds tight...

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sweet! now you see Why I asked first....?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
speaking of rear bumper....

little homage to 3D carbon's 'boy racer' kit...LOL

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Duplicolor Grabber green engine paint inside first.....then, Plasti-dip the outside....
Polished tips are soooo over rated :)

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no melting! this was the first retouch since doing in June. Freshened the green and the dip...while I had the bumper off for other things...LOL! notice the black running from mudguard to exhaust area then up the lip and over...3D carbons kit come with new bumber, GFX attached, and this area is blacked out...so, I made my own :)

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
no melting! this was the first retouch since doing in June. Freshened the green and the dip...while I had the bumper off for other things...LOL! notice the black running from mudguard to exhaust area then up the lip and over...3D carbons kit come with new bumber, GFX attached, and this area is blacked out...so, I made my own :)
Well that is sweet I haven't seen it and that's so original! Is it cool if I do it to mine? Thanks for the help too!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
go for it....give me a nod for it. google image 3D Carbon boy racer kit 2010+
Not a problem, glad to help!

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Looks good! Us manual guys can't duplicate the exhaust tips like that. We don't have the taper inside. I wish the deck lid didn't have all those holes. I'd run with nothing back there while working on something more custom.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
im sure....there are no less than 5 when you count the hole ready for the rear carmera. glad the wing's mounts covered that..and made a gasket and sealed with black rtv on the underside just to be sure :)

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
sanguin.....dont worry about the taper.....paint the inside green, the use a flat piece of carboard like a good meduin priority long box and hold flush to back of tail pipe and shoot the pastidip. any over spray that get on the green, peel off after it dries....super simple

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you!!! you can do it easily for your ride..just have to get paint to match your color..the plasti dip part is easy. Who ever does it...please post to my company page on facebook "Pegasus Motorsports and Detailing" ...nicest way you all can thank me..and puts my nay sayers out of business...LOL

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

hoping to get my lil buddy all together today and back on the road....missing my 300+ horsepower..but not the mpg..LOL

1 - 20 of 20 Posts