Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2003 v6 stang w/stock 16 in.rims.I most likely am going to a Cobra rim.Still undecided.
Do I have to be careful about the back space of the rims?Can I use a rim that has a different back space size than my originals?

·
I liek gramer
8,246 Posts
a lot of the wheels you can buy for Mustangs all have the correct backspace and offset, all that stuff.

What year is your car?

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
id hope the wheel would be round spector or that would be a ***** to get moving :lol: :p:

·
Premium Member
25,803 Posts
lol ... i like the oval ones, its a new adventure every revolution.... lol

i was talking about the center area of the rims and the over all spoke design and flow.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
What I'm asking guys is this:Do my new rims have to have the exact same back space?I'm not certain of the back space on my stock 16s.I've noticed they vary alot on different styles of rims.

·
Premium Member
19,784 Posts
If you'll just buy rims that were originally on a Mustang or say they go on a Mustang you'll be fine. As long as you make sure you get the 5 lug pattern since you have a 2003.

·
Premium Member
25,803 Posts
buy an oem ford mustang rim and it will work fine, if you go 17 by 8 get a 245/45/17 tire if you go 17 by 9 get a 275/40/17 and all will be fine.

·
Premium Member
19,784 Posts
SpectorV said:
buy an oem ford mustang rim and it will work fine, if you go 17 by 8 get a 245/45/17 tire if you go 17 by 9 get a 275/40/17 and all will be fine.
I've always heard 275's will rub on the front....is that not true?

·
Premium Member
19,784 Posts
Hm..aight...still trying to decide

·
Premium Member
25,803 Posts
with my car droped if i turn it full lock it will rub a bit on the front sway bar, not horrid though, if i stop a quarter turn before full lock its fine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts