Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to retro the GT to the vintage muscle mustang years. I'm thinking about a '03/'04 Cobra hood and front bumper, side scoops, '03/'04 decklid/spoiler, and roush side skirts w/ exhaust cutouts. Now then, there are pieces I'm adding to my 'to-buy-list'. If someone could provide with places to buy the following items, I'll be very appreciated. Cheapest possible, but good grade of build. And anything else that would help create it retro would be helpful also. THANKS.......

'03/'04 Cobra Hood
'03/'04 Front Cobra bumper
'99-'04 Side scoops
'01-'04 Cobra tail-lights
'03/'04 Rear Cobra spoiler

P.S. : I'm wanting the old muscle car hunkering sound from the exhaust, plus planning to run side exhaust out the side skirts. Please let me know how to get that sound.

Feedback would be great. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
I just got my 03 cobra hood and bumper and side mirrors... just go hit a deer and you to can have all this :(

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
lol, his old ones are trashed, thx to Bambi.

His new ones are going on his car.

Brandon has an odd sense of humor if you don't know him. ;)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:shhh: Don't tell him....maybe he doesn't know it, but maybe deep inside he wants to sell those to me.... :lol: :p:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
get the CL2 (even though it will be the mother of all blind spots):

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
yes...those are my favorite too...and you are gonna get them painted right, none of the "I'm buying a body kit and not gonna paint it to give my car the two tone look" :lol: , man that gets on my nerves (not saying you were going to...) It would be pretty cool to get the functionality mod with those too, how bad are those/gt hood scoop on my v6 on wind resistance?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
KyleUSAF said:
yes...those are my favorite too...and you are gonna get them painted right, none of the "I'm buying a body kit and not gonna paint it to give my car the two tone look" :lol: , man that gets on my nerves (not saying you were going to...) It would be pretty cool to get the functionality mod with those too, how bad are those/gt hood scoop on my v6 on wind resistance?
Oh, hell NO! I hate that unpainted pieces on cars. :disgust: Now I need an exhaust setup that sounds like a old muscle car. :cool:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is that the '03/'04 Cobra decklid I spy? Good chop-age Jimmy, as usual. Now just imagine, a '03/'04 Cobra hood with matching front end, shortest antenna available, '01-'04 OEM smoked headlights, Bullit scoops or Cobra scoops (Bullit is more contour, but Cobra is like our brethren, the Shelby), and a hot chick standing in front of it. GET TO WORK JIMMY! :lol: ;)

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
MustangMatt said:
Oh, hell NO! I hate that unpainted pieces on cars. :disgust: Now I need an exhaust setup that sounds like a old muscle car. :cool:
to change the sound, need some good exhaust, and prob a new cam and some engine work. i am tryin to find a sound clip of my uncles 78 firebird, I am in love with the sound of his 350 chevy he has in it :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Try this one Jimmy.....

I'm disappointed that the scoops are ratherly overscale like that of the old Shelbys.

I like this type alot:

I would like C pillar like the '66 Shelby with the glass 1/4 window. :confused:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts