Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im sitting at a red light at about 11:15pm after dropping my lil bro off at my mom's house, and a new red buggy pulls up and its a teenage guy driving it. and im like :oops: .... i look at him while he pulls up and he looks straight forward but creeps up as close to the line possible (about 5ft in front of me seat to seat damn our long front ends) and i had a feeling he was gonna take off and when the light went green, i let off my brake and started to roll and he floors it, so i take off after him. he had about a full car length on me from the line, but i just start pulling on him and at the end of first im even. then my car shifts to 2nd (im in an auto :( ) and i just blow past him and slow down around 50-60 as i see him slow down in my rear view and turn into a neighborhood. i guess he wanted to try and pass me at the light and cut me off to turn into a neighborhood, but i didnt let that happen. funny buggies.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bugs, volkswagon bugs, didnt know itd be so hard to figure it out

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
I test drove a turbo 'buggy' ( :wtf: ) a while back.. It was pretty fun to drive. My daughter loves them so one day for a treat I thought I'd take her for a ride.

Lots of room inside...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea they have to be the gayest looking cars made... which made it that much funnier to see a guy driving one. ive seen a guy driving a bug with flower shaped black outs on his taillights and he tried to look hard with his sit pushed back and declined as much as possible :oops: . and i just drove by looking at him like this :wtf:

·
Registered
941 Posts
i'm sorry you almost lost to an n/a bug(gy?).

there is nothing wrong with the old ones, they were a good idea. the new ones are nothing at all like the old ones and their purpose about as opposite as you can get.

Prored2000 said:
:rolleyes: No man can look cool in a new VW
when the new turbo VW bug eats you alive, remember what you just said.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no i did not almost lose to a new bug, i just waited for him to floor it and i took off after him, so my car did not instantly pass him when he got the head start.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i said i did NOT pass him instantly, every post ive made u read it WRONG. So i know u cant read :D

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
hey guys, Let me say first I dont like the VW "bugs" I think they are Ugly. BUT this is a true story, a 98 Chevy SUV was going SB (south bound) on I69, and a 2001 VW Bug was going NB I 69. (this part of road has a grass area in the middle) the Bug was going about 70-75MPH when the Chevy SUV crossed the center and when it hit the grass it flipped into the air, mean while the VW was still going NB and the SUV slammed into the BUG while the SUV was still about 3-4' off the ground stoppin the VW bug in its tracks, (the lady didnt even have time to take her foot off the gas) The Driver of the SUV died in the crash and the VW Bug that had a Mom and her Kid in the car with seat belts didnt have a thing wrong with them. THE BUGS ARE UGLY BUT THEY ARE STRONG!!!! IF I HAD TO BUY A CAR FOR MY WIFE (sooner or later) I WOULD GET HER ONE OF THOSE!! I will try to look for pics of the bug, it took 55min for us to cut the mom and kid out of the car, the metal is VERY strong.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts