Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So Ive currently got my 3.73's, CAI, Offroad H pipe, and I've been wondering, outside of UDP and a tune... What else should I go for? I want to go to like 350-400 rwhp... Cams and heads? Any suggestions? Anyhting else other than cams/heads/UDP/tune? My buddy has an Ls1 440rwhp and I'm trying to build up to have a car that will compete at the strip with him... And if you could guess prices on what you list, shoot Or would putting a Vortech turbocharger work? It'd be a stock block/bottom end, but Ive been told tune it to low compression and run low boost...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2003, and budget will be slim.. I know its hard to build, but I guess try to be low :L

·
Premium Member
8,080 Posts
Cams and heads will get you around 320. If you out a blower on it and have it around 8 psi you can be in in the 350-380 range with the the stock block.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your saying a blower after Cams and heads Ill be around 350-380? Or blower on stock block 350-380?

·
Premium Member
8,080 Posts
A blower by itself with supporting mods will get you on that range. I've seen cams as heads on these cars as they produce less than 340

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gotcha, Im trying to figure this out.. Cams/heads would run 1200... The blower would be 4000 ish. What other supporting mods would I need you think? injectors and such?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gotcha. FRom what I understand, the intercooler and fuel pump would come with the Vortech kit from AM. And to make sure its done right, Id go to a shop down the road and get them to put it on..

·
Premium Member
8,080 Posts
If it comes with the kit that would be great. It just also depends on what you want out the car. Is it going to be a DD, track car or just a fast road car

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Its gonna be a combo, it is my DD but I'm gonna do stuff like 'test and tune' at local drag tracks with it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts