Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just trying to see what you guys prefer. I'll probably wait until Spring to make a decision unless I find an awesome deal.

·
Banned
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure but the only 6 speed that'll hold my power is a viper spec T56 and it's 1k more than the tko or the a5. Not out of the running just not sure.

·
Banned
422 Posts
I have done a little research on the two and from what iv gathered the a5 is essentially a rebuilt t5, with larger, wider, thicker gears and a better ratio. Iv read quite a few posts about people being upset with the way the TKO600 shifts at high rpms. Both have the same power rating, if it was me i would have the A5. You can get a 1st thru 4th gear package for about $1000 and install the gears yourself too and an optional 5th gear upgrade.

·
Banned
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Keaton. If only I new how to build a trans. That's the only thing I haven't got into yet.

·
Banned
422 Posts
JayKranz said:
Thanks Keaton. If only I new how to build a trans. That's the only thing I haven't got into yet.
Me either, im nervous about attempting my t5 rebuild. From what i hear its pretty straight forward if you just take your time and follow directions and it would cut costs almost in half

·
Banned
8,044 Posts

·
Banned
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The cobra trans doesn't support the power like the one in the link does. Thanks though.

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

Yeah it'll be $4500 with clutch probably. The A5 is $1900 plus clutch.

·
Banned
422 Posts
JayKranz said:
The cobra trans doesn't support the power like the one in the link does. Thanks though.

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

Yeah it'll be $4500 with clutch probably. The A5 is $1900 plus clutch.
Ahh forgot about the magnum

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Just trying to see what you guys prefer. I'll probably wait until Spring to make a decision unless I find an awesome deal.
I think the TKO is the better if more expensive choice. I bet the case is a good bit stronger than the rebuilt T5 case and I've read that the shifting issues some complain of go away after some usage and break in time.

You can rebuild a T5 easy enough, you have all of us to help you too.

Here's what I would like to have, who knows what they cost and what it takes to install them though. Probably 10k or more. :(
GF-2000 Clutchless 5-Speed Transmission
Or this one. GF-5R 5-Speed Transmission

I like the clutchless shifting, 1300+ HP capabilities, and the many gear choices you have with them. Just another dream part though. I will probably go for a TKO 600 myself when the time comes for the WC T5 I now have to be retired.

·
Banned
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice I may end up with the TKO myself. Gotta hit the dyno first in December(most likely) and see what she's gonna put down.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts