Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious that is it legal to installed a fixed racing seats into a coupe mustang?? For daily driver use only

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
It think it is legal, i guy i know with a 13 boss did it and it is painfully uncomfortable. Corbeau are a good bang for your buck and not too uncomfortable.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I know, but wouldn't it look sexy!? I am thinking to get a sparco fighter or Evo
Unless the rest of the car look 100% like a race car with roll bar, rear seat delete ect; it will not look good at all, i saw it in a boss and it just messed up the whole look, it made the car look cheap.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
It is likely not illegal hut it may void your insurance. It is vital that you report any safety item changes to your insurance company. Especially with the s197 because the seats have a airbag in them. The older mustangs its usually less of a big deal but a quick phone call is easy. My insurance company will only insure certain brand name seats; corbeau, sparco, bride, and a few others. I have a big savings jar with all my spare change in it saving up for corbeau lg-1 seats.

·
Lorraine's driver
8,196 Posts
Unless the rest of the car look 100% like a race car with roll bar, rear seat delete ect; it will not look good at all, i saw it in a boss and it just messed up the whole look, it made the car look cheap.
On the Boss? I think they look good in the Boss and fit the cars style very well. IMO

·
Registered
65 Posts
Ya the Recaros look awesome in the boss! I have them in my 13 gt and people are always telling me how good they look. And they are comfortable as well which is good for road trips

·
Registered
720 Posts
Ya the Recaros look awesome in the boss! I have them in my 13 gt and people are always telling me how good they look. And they are comfortable as well which is good for road trips
He's not talking about Recaros though, he wants straight up racing seats.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I am talking about all the way racing seats with an aluminum one piece shell. Lol of course i was not talking about the factory recaros

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm not sure i want to get a pair of recliner seats or fixed yet, struggling~.~

Fixed looks have better look than recliner but pain in the ass for using it as a daily driver. ~.~

·
Registered
598 Posts
I'm not sure i want to get a pair of recliner seats or fixed yet, struggling~.~

Fixed looks have better look than recliner but pain in the ass for using it as a daily driver. ~.~
Function > looks. Trust me, my stock Recaros grab plenty of attention. Most guys assume they are aftermarket & barely believe me when I point out they are factory. Plus, they are super comfortable for hours at a time & the recline makes the back seat accessible (yes I actually use it on occasion).

·
Registered
720 Posts
Function > looks. Trust me, my stock Recaros grab plenty of attention. Most guys assume they are aftermarket & barely believe me when I point out they are factory. Plus, they are super comfortable for hours at a time & the recline makes the back seat accessible (yes I actually use it on occasion).
The recaros felt weird for about two minutes if you've never sat in a seat that hugs you before, and then it feels like the most amazing seat you've ever sat in. I never get uncomfortable or sore or anything from them.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts