Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, a while ago I stopped driving my sixxer cuz.. Well.. It was a v6 auto and I wasn't interested in it anymore. So, to satisfy my needs, I picked up a 2003 gt after a couple months of searching. I have plans already for her, but I was actually wondering what my horsepower-ish should be around because it has some mods to her

O/r x
Flow master exhaust
4:10 gears
93 tune
Stage 2 clutch
K&n cai
262 comp cams
Bbk throttle body/plenum (single piece)
Short shifter

Any and all estimations/advice/comments would greatly be appreciated

ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1481782269.112658.jpg ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1481782285.817839.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
255 Posts
I think she'll crack the 300 club but just barley. Looks like a fun ride! Looking forward to the progress!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AHHH, sweet. I was thinking around 285 to the wheels. Is it worth telling bama about all the mods? I received the bama/sct sf3 but I am not a tunes for life member. Would it be worth the $150 or should I throw that towards pullies cuz I have the 93 on it?

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
I assume that the car is already tuned for all of the current mods, correct?
There won't be much gain from the pulleys... Maybe a few horsepower at high RPM'S.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To be completely honest I couldn't tell you for 100% fact. I'm assuming so because of the cams.. But you never do know. Is there anyways to check that out?

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
I'm not sure, but you could probably give Bama the tuner info and they might be able to tell you.
If the car runs strong, and the speedometer is corrected for the 4.10 gears, it is probably already tuned.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Should be 300+!.. only mods you have though that add any "hp", is just the Cams, Exhaust, and TB/Plenum!.. All the other stuff, gears and short throw, just helps with helps with Acceleration!.. As for Pulleys, don't expect any HP gain!.. On the other hand they will help you get into your RPM/Power band quicker!.. That's all I noticed when I had mine installed!..

Sent from the One and Only ME!..?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Should be 300+!.. only mods you have though that add any "hp", is just the Cams, Exhaust, and TB/Plenum!.. All the other stuff, gears and short throw, just helps with helps with Acceleration!.. As for Pulleys, don't expect any HP gain!.. On the other hand they will help you get into your RPM/Power band quicker!.. That's all I noticed when I had mine installed!..

Sent from the One and Only ME!..?

Awesome man thanks. What do you think torque would be around

·
Premium Member
5,411 Posts
I'm gonna be the debbie downer and say you'll most likely come in just under 300rwhp if your dyno shop is being realistic. Most of the full bolt on 2V's I've seen with just cams dyno in right around there. A few have pulled 300rwhp.

Longtubes and full exhaust will get you over the hump. Torque will be over no problem with only cams.

·
Premium Member
5,411 Posts
Haha it happens to us all at some point. The thing to remember is dyno numbers are just that, numbers. Peak values that people often bench race with.

What's more important than to follow is when your power comes alive, how steady it is throughout the band and when it falls off. No point in revving your car to 6800 when your power drops at 6200.

A/F is another variable to watch. If the car starts pulling timing adjustments need to be made to remain stoich.

There's a lot more to it than just that but regardless a dyno session will identify your cars strengths, as well as weaknesses.

·
ME Bloodhound
14,701 Posts
I think i'm going to agree with sonicpony03. The Comp 262s are a fairly small cam. If it were the 268s or the 270s i would say 300+. But probably in the 290s with the Comp 262s.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts