Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new here. I'm about to buy a mustang, and I'm very interested in one currently. It's an 01 gt with 30k miles. 5 speed, cold air intake. Rest is stock and in near perfect condition. I was wondering if you guys could give me some insight on this year and model mustang. Is it a good car and is it worth the asking price of $8600? Thanks

·
Registered
2,087 Posts

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
That's pretty low milage for an '01! If it's clean and you love it, I'd say go for it. $8600 is kinda high, maybe you can haggle the price down a little bit? Btw, welcome aboard! :D

·
Banned
8,044 Posts
JetWolf said:
here is what that Mustang would run for in my area, it might differ due to demand wherever you are at!

2001 Ford Mustang Standard Equipment, Pricing and Information - NADAguides.com

otherwise its a great car, have never heard any complaints about it. i owned a 2004 v6 and it ran like a dream! never had any problems, mods are cheaper and easy than newer bodies.
That's trade in value.I use Kelly blue book.it say around 9k for private party value.I am pretty sure that trade in and private party differ.there is also a dealer value to I think.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
That's trade in value.I use Kelly blue book.it say around 9k for private party value.I am pretty sure that trade in and private party differ.there is also a dealer value to I think.
true, but its cheaper, so we always use that to haggle down prices when buying cars, one guy was selling a modded 05 for 12k showed him this site and he dropped it down to 9k ;)

heres KBB
Kelley Blue Book

·
Banned
8,044 Posts
JetWolf said:
true, but its cheaper, so we always use that to haggle down prices when buying cars, one guy was selling a modded 05 for 12k showed him this site and he dropped it down to 9k ;)

heres KBB
Kelley Blue Book
thats a good idea actually.ill have to keep that in my car buying tool bag.i just wanted to make sure he didnt think it was a terrible price.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've noticed KBB usually values quite a bit higher than NADA (the book), but not in this case lol According to the NADA book, with that mileage it's valued at almost 10k lol the car itself is valued at a bit over 7k and the low miles, 30k-35k, runs it up 3750. So if they're asking 8.6k try haggling them down another bit, but either way that's not a bad deal! Not bad at all :D lol btw my dad's a used car dealer so I know a bit about the pricing and I can guarantee we'd be selling her for 9.5 or up asking price and work down to maybe 9 :)

9.3k :headbang:
Very nice! How many miles? That's a bit cheaper than I got mine! And I got mine at dealer price from a bloody auction! lol

·
Registered
120 Posts
We paid about 1800 more for mine :) But mine was a one owner car with about 6k less miles lol It literally only took a minute of bidding for my dad to win it, but I swear it was the longest minute ever! We'd agreed not to pay a penny over 11k for my car and the bidding got right to it with another guy and I was heart broken.. then my dad bid one more time and we won it for 11,100 :headbang: the other guy bidding just pointed to my dad and did a super cheezy pistol click motion XD it was great :)

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
betojaimes said:
We paid about 1800 more for mine :) But mine was a one owner car with about 6k less miles lol It literally only took a minute of bidding for my dad to win it, but I swear it was the longest minute ever! We'd agreed not to pay a penny over 11k for my car and the bidding got right to it with another guy and I was heart broken.. then my dad bid one more time and we won it for 11,100 :headbang: the other guy bidding just pointed to my dad and did a super cheezy pistol click motion XD it was great :)
Ahahaha that's awesome!
We had been looking for 3 months, I wouldn't settle for anything less than the expectations I put up, and we got wayyy more than I expected! And for a great price! It was the only black s197 for sale the entire time I was looking, and I was dying to have a black stallion. I swear this car was a blessing from god.
Funny thing, we every time we were interested in buying a car, something would happen and the person wouldn't respond, just sold or couldn't sell, so I swear Jet was meant to be!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all the replies. This car is extremely clean and hardly broken in! I love it and I am most likely going to get it tomorrow. Are there any pros/cons to consider about 01s?

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
ThePhantom said:
Thanks for all the replies. This car is extremely clean and hardly broken in! I love it and I am most likely going to get it tomorrow. Are there any pros/cons to consider about 01s?
Humm not that I can think of
The interior is extremely pliable, so don't be surprised if after 60k miles or so with decent use stuff kinda pops out a bit, but you can just pop it back in place if it gets loose :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
JetWolf said:
Humm not that I can think of
The interior is extremely pliable, so don't be surprised if after 60k miles or so with decent use stuff kinda pops out a bit, but you can just pop it back in place if it gets loose :)
Cool. I really hope it works out with this car.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts