Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had the car for over eight months and have waxed the car several times.

Should I strip the wax before applying the stripes? If so, how?

Any help would be appreciated.

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
It would be best to take the wax off. Wash your car using a not so strong dish soap (Key word not so strong... you don't want to take clear coat off).

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Soccerluvr4 said:
It would be best to take the wax off. Wash your car using a not so strong dish soap (Key word not so strong... you don't want to take clear coat off).
Thanks, that makes sense.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Use Dawn dish soap.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Actually you strip the wax down with naphtha. This came from the strip manufacturer. It breaks down the wax but doesn't harm the paint or leave any residue. Used it when I did mine and it worked great.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
guzie said:
Actually you strip the wax down with naphtha. This came from the strip manufacturer. It breaks down the wax but doesn't harm the paint or leave any residue. Used it when I did mine and it worked great.
About to strip down for Zaino and hood graphic, so good info, thanks
EDIT: After some research, naphtha is essentially lighter fluid. I might try it for sticky residue, but think Ill stick to Dawn for a strip down.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
+1

I had thought about using bug and tar remover (Varsol, I used it when I was a teenager working at the car wash).

If Dawn works I'll do that. I'd rather use it.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
InfinibandGT said:
+1

I had thought about using bug and tar remover (Varsol, I used it when I was a teenager working at the car wash).

If Dawn works I'll do that. I'd rather use it.
I used it on Sunday and, yeah, Dawn is a quality stripper. lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts