Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey here in a few hours im gonna plasti dip the rear emblem on my 07. What all do i need? Fishing line to get it off? Is there holes behind so when i put it back on it will be in line?? Also what adhesive do i use to put it back on?? How many coats of plastidip? I hope this looks good! Lol!

ForumRunner_20121007_125150.png

Sorry if this is sideways. There is a chip in the paint of the emblem if you can see, which is why i want to do this.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Painters tape, slide it under the emblem all the way around, i put tape on the tri bar bc i wanted to keep it chrome i think it looks good, good kuck :)

Attachments

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh so you kept the emblem on the car and just used painters tape to get it from getting on your paint??

·
Registered
403 Posts
Jake said:
Oh so you kept the emblem on the car and just used painters tape to get it from getting on your paint??
Yupp lots of painters tape lol

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will probably do it that way then. Ill go buy a roll of it and just tape my whole decklid down just to be safe. Lol. How many coats did you use? Or how many passes over the emblem did you do?

·
Registered
403 Posts
I did 3 coats not to heavy not to light

·
Registered
403 Posts
Yea do it kinda quick not fast but at a smooth pace and go side to side top to botom about 4 times or until it looks right

Attachments

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome! Thanks! Heading to walmart now for painters tape then gonna do it! I will have pics in a few!

·
Banned
2,785 Posts
Jake said:
Awesome! Thanks! Heading to walmart now for painters tape then gonna do it! I will have pics in a few!
Pick up some brown paper too that way you can just lay it on and use the tape to hold it

·
Banned
2,785 Posts
Jake said:
Complete, i dont know if i really like it yet. Ill keep it for a while and see!
Jake said:
Sorry if that random pic got thrown into that. Lol i cant get it off!
I think it looks good

1 - 16 of 16 Posts