Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took her to the Ford in panama city for a check up, oil change and to check out the ABS light. They suggested it might be from her having 17' s in the front and 18's in the back. Does this sound right?

PS - Any suggestions on how to find someone good to work on her? I wasn't to confident in them....

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
That's the first I've heard of. Did you check your brake fluid level? I know it sounds silly but low fluid can trigger the ABS light to turn on.

Also, I've never been confidant in anyone working on my car. The best advice I could give is, start learning how to maintain your own car or look for a mechanic that is also a mustang enthuses.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Yea i agree learn to work on it your self and check the ABS sensors, and do a good google search you could learn alot, for free too

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I dont trust anyone to work on my car, I would advise you to learn how to do it yourself
I have yet to have a good experience with a mechanic

I've never heard of low brake fluid triggering the abs light
Its usually the brake light that comes on for low fluid

I highly doubt its cause of your tires
I would guess something with the abs module itself or maybe with the wheel speed sensors

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Take the car to a auto store and get them to read your error code. Its different than obd2. If it wont connect at all you need a new abs module or to get yours replaced. You may need to replace an abs sensor. But it is not from staggered wheels.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts