Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ABS light is on and traction control is off all the time because of it,fluid full ,all sensors look good ,anybody have or had same problem.

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
my light comes on almost everytime im driving but ends up going awag on its own at some point during the drive for some reason. idk what causes this neither :/

·
Registered
704 Posts
I had that issue for a while. My rear end ended up being bad, somehow it was causing my axles to scrape and metal shavings were jamming into the ABS sensors. I had to replace the gears (they had been scraping for a while and I was missing a handful of teeth on my planetary gear) and both rear axles because they had score marks from scraping and I didn't want them to break.
I really don't think that's your issue, my previous owner had dicked around with the diff, but it's an idea.

·
Premium Member
14,477 Posts
It was like that on my car before I bought it, the dealer was required to fix it before they sold it. It ended up being the ABS module

·
Registered
8,505 Posts
Mine comes on and off intermittently. I'm not going to fix it. Not a big fan of the ABS. And traction control! ?!!?!? Thats no fun at all. Lol.

·
Premium Member
14,477 Posts
i wonder if thats expensive
Since the dealer had to fix it I didn't have to pay for it. They said it ended up costing around $500 to replace it.

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

Mine comes on and off intermittently. I'm not going to fix it. Not a big fan of the ABS. And traction control! ?!!?!? Thats no fun at all. Lol.
Not until you need ABS lol, I won't drive anything somewhat fast unless it has ABS, I had a bad experience on the highway in my truck that doesn't have ABS

·
Registered
704 Posts
Not until you need ABS lol, I won't drive anything somewhat fast unless it has ABS, I had a bad experience on the highway in my truck that doesn't have ABS
+100!
ABS may seem lame, but I was very reluctant to drive my car in anything but clear weather when mine went out. ABS is a must with 4.10s.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Same thing with mine. Goes off and on.

Looks like the ABS modules go for between $150 and $200 on Ebay used...

·
Registered
8,505 Posts
+100!
ABS may seem lame, but I was very reluctant to drive my car in anything but clear weather when mine went out. ABS is a must with 4.10s.
I don't think that ABS is lame. It's just that I enjoy driving and like to be the one controlling the vehicle, not the computer. Its actually comforting knowing that most cars on the road nowadays have these safety features., although, it didn seem to help the guy who rearended me last week. I wonder when Ford is going to introduce the first autonomousMustang to the line-up. Just press a button and it'll make a perfect quarter mile pass. Or just send it through the auto-x without you in it. Saves weight. Won't it be fun? As for the 4.10's, people have been driving with those, in all weather, for longer than traction control has been in existence. The pedal on the right controls the horsepower.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts