Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes. Mr warranty here. LOL i am really itching to upgrade. So many people are doing it i really will raise a stink if it would ever void my warranty.

Whats funny is at first i really wanted borla ataks.....then preferred basanni......then was tied with magnaflow comps....now i saw a vid for "pype bombs" which i think sound best....then found out they were half the price of basanni!?

Here is the vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NaJ4FMekyg

So i hear there is drone at certain rpms, and one side is hard to get centered....so here goes yet another exhaust thread....need opinions! Are magna comps worth it? Theyre just a straight pipe....looks like the pypes at least have resonators.

I love how deep the pypes sound...i usually dont rev too high so these would be perfect for cruising.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Yes. Mr warranty here. LOL i am really itching to upgrade. So many people are doing it i really will raise a stink if it would ever void my warranty.

Whats funny is at first i really wanted borla ataks.....then preferred basanni......then was tied with magnaflow comps....now i saw a vid for "pype bombs" which i think sound best....then found out they were half the price of basanni!?

So i hear there is drone at certain rpms, and one side is hard to get centered....so here goes yet another exhaust thread....need opinions! Are magna comps worth it? Theyre just a straight pipe....looks like the pypes at least have resonators.

I love how deep the pypes sound...i usually dont rev too high so these would be perfect for cruising.
Mr.warranty am here to relieve you of your worries lol. Axle backs don't.void warranty. As far as sound am all for borlas which is what i have. Before you make a decision am just 30min away whenever you want to hear them in person.. Also if you want just check out my vid on YouTube

·
Registered
784 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Is all personal preference, i personally have the borla ATAKS catback, for me it was the best sounding out of all of the exhausts out there.
Got it ship to the border and got a shop to install for $40bucks

·
Registered
730 Posts
Is all personal preference, i personally have the borla ATAKS catback, for me it was the best sounding out of all of the exhausts out there.
Got it ship to the border and got a shop to install for $40bucks
+1 you can go with something really aggressive live the ataks or roush or something more subtle. That's one thing I love about stangs there are so many choices of after market part, YouTube away!

·
Registered
519 Posts
I'm right there with you, Mr. Warranty! Figured I would do the bare minimum to stay under the warranty at least for another year, so exterior appearance, axle backs, and maybe a CAI soon.

The last I saw, you were into Roush. Correct? The ataks were my first choice too, but couldn't get over that price tag. The Pype bombs for our 3.7s are getting good reviews, but from what I'm hearing there's quite a bit of drone.

It seems as if you're a pretty handy guy so the install should be easy. I wouldn't pay somebody to take off two bolts and do a muffler swap, you can do it! :cool:

·
Registered
730 Posts
I'm right there with you, Mr. Warranty! Figured I would do the bare minimum to stay under the warranty at least for another year, so exterior appearance, axle backs, and maybe a CAI soon.

The last I saw, you were into Roush. Correct? The ataks were my first choice too, but couldn't get over that price tag. The Pype bombs for our 3.7s are getting good reviews, but from what I'm hearing there's quite a bit of drone.

It seems as if you're a pretty handy guy so the install should be easy. I wouldn't pay somebody to take off two bolts and do a muffler swap, you can do it! :cool:
I love my roush but there's a good amount of drone in 6th between 1500-2000. Unfortunately that's my cruising speed, hoping 3.73 gears will get me out of that rev band!

·
Registered
519 Posts
I love my roush but there's a good amount of drone in 6th between 1500-2000. Unfortunately that's my cruising speed, hoping 3.73 gears will get me out of that rev band!
You think the Roush drone that bad? I have an auto so my highway cursing speeds at 60-80 and honestly don't think it's bad at all...

·
Registered
730 Posts
You think the Roush drone that bad? I have an auto so my highway cursing speeds at 60-80 and honestly don't think it's bad at all...
I have a manual and yes its pretty bad. I don't mind it at all but in the back seat people do mention it and they have reason to. Don't get me wrong I love my roush exhaust and wouldn't change it, but anyone who says it doesn't drone in 6th between 1500-2000 with 2.73 is either def or in denial! Lol : ) as a driver i can even feel it drone, I know sounds weird.I'm giving an honest non bias opinion. This is compared to the stock set-up.

·
Registered
519 Posts
And I'm giving my honest, unbiased opinion as well. (Also in comparison to OEM and 2.73)

Yes, the backseaters have complained about it a few times, but sitting in the front I have no problems. My hearing is also very good, no where near deaf.

Any aftermarket mufflers is going to produce "drone." (Especially when comparing to OEM) Some give more, some give less. In comparing all the aftermarket options that we have to us, my unbiased opinion is the Roush is on the lower end of that poll. That's all I was trying to say.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I have a manual and yes its pretty bad. I don't mind it at all but in the back seat people do mention it and they have reason to. Don't get me wrong I love my roush exhaust and wouldn't change it, but anyone who says it doesn't drone in 6th between 1500-2000 with 2.73 is either def or in denial! Lol : ) as a driver i can even feel it drone, I know sounds weird.I'm giving an honest non bias opinion. This is compared to the stock set-up.
+10 for honesty :good:

·
Registered
730 Posts
And I'm giving my honest, unbiased opinion as well. (Also in comparison to OEM and 2.73)

Yes, the backseaters have complained about it a few times, but sitting in the front I have no problems. My hearing is also very good, no where near deaf.

Any aftermarket mufflers is going to produce "drone." (Especially when comparing to OEM) Some give more, some give less. In comparing all the aftermarket options that we have to us, my unbiased opinion is the Roush is on the lower end of that poll. That's all I was trying to say.
+1 I wasn't stating it to you personally, but some people have stated that they produce very low to no drone at all which is completely not true. It wasn't a shot at you by any means. Sorry if you took it that way I didn't me it towards you. : ) I still Recomend them to anyone who wants an aggressive sound, I love mine!

·
Registered
7,625 Posts

Its my understanding that Corsa exhausts claim they have no drone in any of their mufflers. Zero drone. I have no clue if that holds true when you add headers and off road x pipe or catted x pipe. I know my Flowmaster Force II exhaust system didn't have any drone until I added the headers and off road x pipe. Or no drone that I or my wife ever detected prior

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wow drone seems like it could pose an issue for me...I do a 200mile drive each way once a month....with my wife in car...and my dog is in back with seats folded down...I'd imagine that'd amplify the drone. I never heard of corsa I'll research them tonight. I don't want the loudest exhaust I just want a more defined and deeper rumble. Closer to the sound of a G35 than a v8. As far from a 4cyl tinny sound as possible.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I car pool to work with two other people so I only drive every third week. It's a 70km round trip every day mostly highway. My passengers trade spots everyday and say there is a very noticeable difference from front to back seat. So your dog might not like you after a long trip. Lol. They are my favourite mod I've done so far to my car, the sound they produce at idle and through the rev ban is amazing. I find it hard to believe that any axel back exhaust that's louder than stock will produce 0 drone, even the stock exhaust can drone ever so lightly.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts