Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have a good source for them? I'd like to add the tri-bar pony fender badges to my '14 vert, but they're available from a few places and some seem really expensive and others seem really cheesy. Maybe someone has experience with a decent quality set that's not at the top of the price range?

thanks in advance

--rick

·
Registered
395 Posts
Most of the cheaper aftermarket plastic emblems look okay but aren't the same length as the factory ones. Maybe someone on eBay has a set of used factory ones listed. Otherwise, they are pretty expensive. I found metal ones the same size as the plastic ones for a fraction of the cost of factory.. Never had anyone mention that they weren't factory. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
5,644 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
I don't know how the factory ones attach but if it is just 3m then try to look for a car from a junkyard hopefully it is rear ended or just got hit in the front and the emblems are intact that way you know they are factory unless of course the previous owner installed aftermarket ones. Still I would think this is the cheapest source to get emblems.

·
Premium Member
5,644 Posts
I don't know how the factory ones attach but if it is just 3m then try to look for a car from a junkyard hopefully it is rear ended or just got hit in the front and the emblems are intact that way you know they are factory unless of course the previous owner installed aftermarket ones. Still I would think this is the cheapest source to get emblems.

Factory emblems come in a pair from CJ Pony Parts For like 67$.
but the factory emblems have alignment pins on the back of them. You might could cut & or sand them off tho if you're set on factory emblems

http://www.cjponyparts.com/fender-e...P/?year=2014&gclid=CIHurbm1sNACFVCAaQod_CcEcA

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A few years ago I purchased this pair of ponies for my 2005 GT. Took me a little while to figure out where I'd bought them from but now I'm searching for a pic of them

Scott Drake C5ZZ-16228/9-SK Mustang Fender Emblem Stick-On Pair 65-68

Wow, I stopped getting notifications so I didn't know there were so many responses to this. I actually saw the Scott Drake ones at CJ Pony parts, and I was thinking they look like the best bet. Have yours held up pretty well? Do you think they're pretty close to the size of the new ones that are supposed to be on the car? I definitely don't need them to be exact, I would just like them to look good.

Thanks to all who responded. I will also take a look at the Blue Oval Industries stuff, but the Scott Drake ones look pretty good to me.

--rick

·
Registered
1,844 Posts

FYI, MEVO is getting changed/updated right now. I couldn't connect all day until now.

·
Premium Member
5,644 Posts
Wow, I stopped getting notifications so I didn't know there were so many responses to this. I actually saw the Scott Drake ones at CJ Pony parts, and I was thinking they look like the best bet. Have yours held up pretty well? Do you think they're pretty close to the size of the new ones that are supposed to be on the car? I definitely don't need them to be exact, I would just like them to look good.

Thanks to all who responded. I will also take a look at the Blue Oval Industries stuff, but the Scott Drake ones look pretty good to me.

--rick

I got rid of that car in 2014! They looked good enough for me! They're a little different than stock but to me it was a good thing to be different

1 - 14 of 14 Posts