Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to add to my frustration I went to move me car last nite to start the rebuild and no start..I'm pretty sure it's the fuel pump..I checked the cut off button it's good and the relay by the coolant resavor and swapped them no luck..any other suggestions before I drop this tank??

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
If the pump is getting power, then its gotta be a bad pump. Looks like you are building her anyways, so id invest in a better than stock pump for future power. It wont hurt! Lol

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
IMO most people think that getting a large fuel pump will rally benefit you. If you are going gt40 or similar build just get the 155. If you are going full aluminum then you can get the 190. But I wouldn't go larger than that unless you are planning forced induction.
What dreamstang said. It wont hurt to go too big, but it could effect your gas mileage. But 155-190 is pretty common. I have a 255 but I have a blower on my car. I actually have a spare Holly (made by walbro)120 lph that I never used. But I dont have the filter sock or electrical connector with it if you are interested

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Thanks but ill Probly just go with a 155..for what I want to do it should be all I need for now
I bought mine off craigslist. Infact id say I buy 70% of my parts off craigslist. I find that if you are buying from mustang enthusiasts, that solidarity means we are good people! Lol

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea usually I buy everything on Craigslist and then I also sell alot of stuff on there too I found one on summit racing for 89$ doesn't sound to bad to me when auto part stores want between 93 and 120$

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Yea usually I buy everything on Craigslist and then I also sell alot of stuff on there too I found one on summit racing for 89$ doesn't sound to bad to me when auto part stores want between 93 and 120$
Yeah that sounds about right. Just double check the shipping charges. I live in Fl, and recently took a trip to Tennessee. On the way I saw a Summit store off I-75. Needless to say I stopped and almost spent my vacation between there and Bass Pro Shop. Lol

·
Premium Member
3,271 Posts
What dreamstang said. It wont hurt to go too big, but it could effect your gas mileage. But 155-190 is pretty common. I have a 255 but I have a blower on my car. I actually have a spare Holly (made by walbro)120 lph that I never used. But I dont have the filter sock or electrical connector with it if you are interested
I have a 255lph In mine and it didn't affect my gas mileage at all. :good:

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Yeah it may and may not. Mostly depends on how you drive. But that goes for any car and any pump. But I noticed a decrease with my 255.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts