Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the easiest or best point to wire led stripes to to get power from. I'd like for those LEDs to light up when I open my car door. So I guess I'm asking where the best power source is .

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
geepoons said:
What's the easiest or best point to wire led stripes to to get power from. I'd like for those LEDs to light up when I open my car door. So I guess I'm asking where the best power source is .
The last I head it was the domelights.

·
Registered
19 Posts
So where would you find the wiring to wire the LED's into? as mentioned the dome lights. Those are way up there...Or do you go through the fuse box on the "Dome light fuse" ? Hope I dont sound too idiotic lol..

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mjp70 said:
So where would you find the wiring to wire the LED's into? as mentioned the dome lights. Those are way up there...Or do you go through the fuse box on the "Dome light fuse" ? Hope I dont sound too idiotic lol..
That could possibly work but I would have to see if wiring right to the fuse would constantly draw power without a switch being on it .

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
I wired mine into the dome light I think. Whenever i unlock, open my doors, or turn on my dome lights my LEDs come on.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
mjp70 said:
Silvr. Where is the wire to the dome light located that you wired into??
Thanks
Mjp
Mine was in the passenger side pillar. Beside the windshield under the plastic

Supermans_ghxst said:
Is your steering wheel lighting up to?
Reflection off dome light

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
99ford said:
Is there just one wire there? I'm curious now. Haha
Uhm hang on ill find the write up.

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Anytime I can ;)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Got these installed yesterday and they turn on when I open my car door, unlock the car and have a switch so I can choose if I want em on or not when I drive. They're pretty cool and not distracting at all if you choose to drive with em on.

image-2301343662.jpg

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Nice. They are a little brighter than the mycolor lights but I like them bright. Mine are a lighter blue though and in the backseats and doors too

·
Registered
274 Posts
Whitelightning said:
Nice. They are a little brighter than the mycolor lights but I like them bright. Mine are a lighter blue though and in the backseats and doors too
Was gonna do the backseats to but thought it might've been too much since these are already that bright.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts