Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wasn't impressed with the colored bulbs since the paint on the bulb burned off.

Wasn't impressed with the blue gel covers since they smoked for five minutes and showed no sign of stopping.

So, my next plan is to go to the junkyard and pick up a dome light assembly, gut it, and some how rig up so that all three lights will be replaced with blue LEDs.

Since I'll be out in April from school, gonna have my friend run me down to the junkyard and give it my best shot on this.

Wish me luck. :headbang:

·
Registered
386 Posts
good luck d00d. Take some pics.

What you could do, is build your self a little circut board which is simple.
Go to radio shack...

Get a blank circut board, (you'll have to saudering iron though)

Buy a Battery Snap for a 9 volt battery. YOu'll need to get ur LED's
and 100 ohm resistors. (brown black brown)
Then wire in a switch, and if you want a Potentiometer to change the brightness.

Its simple to make circut boards..
If you dont know buy a book at radio shack it will tell you.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a good idea. I was gonna run all the wires in a spade and connect them to the factory plug. :D :oops:

I have a soldering iron, I just need some more practice. Thanks for the idea. :headbang:

·
Registered
386 Posts
well remember ohms law before you go ahead and connect it to the factory plug.
Those LED's dont take much juice at all. You'll have to find out how much current is going through so you can make the circuit with enough resistance.

Current =voltage over resistance!!

w00t.
:headbang:

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
sounds like too mucch trouble. I got the gel things from walmart, a pack of six, 2 yellow, 2 blue, 2 green. never had any problems, wonder why you did? :-?

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
I hooked up two 15 inch neons for interior lights in a truck...cop didn't like them very much later that night...

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hooked up two 15 inch neons for interior lights in a truck...cop didn't like them very much later that night...
I have a little switch that I push. Then they don't light up anymore when I push the switch down. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts