Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I've got a 14 GT with Roush axle back. I want to install a Pypes x pipe but I don't want to remove the cats. So it will be just the x pipe. My question is how will this affect the sound? I know that x pipes will give a more raspy sound but I'm also hearing that it might make the exhaust quieter. Not really looking for hp gains, just want to make my Roush a tad bit louder.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ive had the Roush Axleback on my 14 GT/CS for about a year now. I just recently added the Magnaflow high flow cats with X Pipe. The sound isn't a great deal different. I would say it is just slightly louder. I feel that it flows much better than the H pipe though, and felt a little difference in the throttle response.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've got the Roush AB with a UPR x pipe and it's super loud. Has quite a bit of rasp, but I like it. I've seen several guys on here saying that the particular combo is "ricey" loud, but I like it. But it's all opinion anyway. Good luck!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got the Roush AB with a UPR x pipe and it's super loud. Has quite a bit of rasp, but I like it. I've seen several guys on here saying that the particular combo is "ricey" loud, but I like it. But it's all opinion anyway. Good luck!

Are you running an off road x pipe, or you still have the cats?

·
Registered
976 Posts
I have long tubes and a catless Xpipe with my Roush AB's. I even have my reso's cut out as well. It's not terribly loud until you get it passed 3500 then it just screams. Cruising with down the highway even at 75 it has zero drone.

2011 Kona Blue Gt

IG - The_Chech

·
Registered
66 Posts
Are you running an off road x pipe, or you still have the cats?

off road

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have Roush axel backs and recently added looks headers and their x pipe with high performance cats. Too loud!! I go out my neighborhood idling in second gear. I still have the factory resonators. I just can't decide what axel backs to go to. I drove it for a 2 hour interstate trip. Worst headache.. Roush is fine with no other mods.

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

Sorry, Kooks..

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have Roush axel backs and recently added looks headers and their x pipe with high performance cats. Too loud!! I go out my neighborhood idling in second gear. I still have the factory resonators. I just can't decide what axel backs to go to. I drove it for a 2 hour interstate trip. Worst headache.. Roush is fine with no other mods.

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

Sorry, Kooks..

That's the exact exhaust setup I'm looking to do! Haha, however I want it loud! Do you have any videos of your setup? Or would you be willing to do an "extensive" video overview (idle, revs, take-offs, etc)?

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
976 Posts
That's the exact exhaust setup I'm looking to do! Haha, however I want it loud! Do you have any videos of your setup? Or would you be willing to do an "extensive" video overview (idle, revs, take-offs, etc)?

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

I have a video on my Instagram of this set up on my car

2011 Kona Blue Gt

IG - The_Chech

1 - 12 of 12 Posts