Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I waas thinking these past two days when all the roads were covered in ice and snow, wouldn't adjustable shocks have some sort of advantage in that type of weather?

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
Dom said:
I waas thinking these past two days when all the roads were covered in ice and snow, wouldn't adjustable shocks have some sort of advantage in that type of weather?
I wouldn't see why they would

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
If you drive a Mustang sensibly and keep your foot out of it you can do fine in snow. No car is safe on ice, you are taking a big chance with any of them. I have driven my GT in snow, no problems. Don't take off fast, don't stop fast, and don 't punch the accelerator or you will wind up in the ditch or somewhere you don't want to be. That goes for any car. Use your head for something besides a place to put your cap. :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
Rick0636 said:
If you drive a Mustang sensibly and keep your foot out of it you can do fine in snow. No car is safe on ice, you are taking a big chance with any of them. I have driven my GT in snow, no problems. Don't take off fast, don't stop fast, and don 't punch the accelerator or you will wind up in the ditch or somewhere you don't want to be. That goes for any car. Use your head for something besides a place to put your cap. :cool:
true, only reason i am not drivin the stang is due to salt and other drivers ;)

·
Registered
298 Posts
Rick0636 said:
there you have it, the best thing for snow is common sense. Also, I think your tires would make more difference than your suspension. Unless you're out in the open where no one is around and you're trying to slide around and have fun (be safe while doing this) brake early and softly, do what they teach you in driving school and drive defensively

·
Registered
567 Posts
good tires make the biggest difference.

I drive my car year round. Throw the hakka's on in the winter and I laugh at people that are stuck on side roads while my car plows right through.

My good friend drives his blown GT in the snow two. We do snow drag racing :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts