Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be replacing my cam next week, and I need a question answered. I marked the position of my cam position sensor, so I could put it back on at the 54* angle it's supposed to, but I still need a tool to make sure that the fuel system is timed correctly. Anybody know where I can go about getting one of those? It's like a capy that fits over the top of the cam position sensor and somehow lets you line it up.

· Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I marked the outside, but didn't even think to mark the inside... It's official... I need the tool. Crap. I knew this whole thing wouldn't go as easily as I'd hoped.

· Registered
2,327 Posts
I had one, ordered it online somewhere, can't remember the name of the company, and it was still in the glovebox of my v6 when I traded it on the GT, sorry I can't help much man.

· Registered
2,327 Posts

· Registered
2,327 Posts
No problem, just did a quick search and it popped up.

· Premium Member
10,375 Posts
Horse said:
I marked the outside, but didn't even think to mark the inside... It's official... I need the tool. Crap. I knew this whole thing wouldn't go as easily as I'd hoped.
So you are telling me you asked a question and before you got an answer you went ahead and removed it ????????

· Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No, I'd already marked the outside, like I was told before I posted here. I had also already been told that you need a tool to line up some little gear inside the sensor with a window to make sure it's in the right position. It never dawned on me, prior to taking it out, to mark the inside. I just assumed you needed the tool.

· Premium Member
10,375 Posts
Before I replaced my cam I contacted a couple of my friends at Ford if I could borrow there tool and one laughed and said dont bother with it the other said he had never seen or used one. So I figured what the hell and just marked everything and once I was finished turned the key and never missed a beat. But if it is apart you will need the tool

· Registered
227 Posts
Danger Dude said:
Before I replaced my cam I contacted a couple of my friends at Ford if I could borrow there tool and one laughed and said dont bother with it the other said he had never seen or used one. So I figured what the hell and just marked everything and once I was finished turned the key and never missed a beat. But if it is apart you will need the tool
can you be more specific whith where you mark and such? pics would help a bunch! i just don't want to have problems with mine!

thanks!

· Registered
230 Posts
Very entersting, Ill be doing a cam swap this summer and was wondering about this stuff. Looking fwd to those pics Cory... Cause this cam position sensor is what scares me most about the swap.

· Registered
230 Posts
Suprman said:
any update yet?
Well, I have enough money to buy the heads ($1100) but im still saving so I can get free shipping on all of it if I buy it as a package. So I still have about $800 to go wich will take about 2 months. So hopefully in june Ill be ready to make my purchase.

Hey Corey, where are those pics?!?!:confused: I would really like to see them, especially one of the little gear inside the CPS. Im a bit confused about how to mark the one inside...

Thanks

· Registered
227 Posts
98GreenStallion said:
Well, I have enough money to buy the heads ($1100) but im still saving so I can get free shipping on all of it if I buy it as a package. So I still have about $800 to go wich will take about 2 months. So hopefully in june Ill be ready to make my purchase.

Hey Corey, where are those pics?!?!:confused: I would really like to see them, especially one of the little gear inside the CPS. Im a bit confused about how to mark the one inside...

Thanks
lol sorry i just quote the last post, i ment any updates on coreys pics and stuff!

also $1100 is more then enough for heads and cam!!! i got mine for $700 with free shipping, free pushrods, and free springs! but then again i got a good deal!

· Registered
230 Posts
Suprman said:
lol sorry i just quote the last post, i ment any updates on coreys pics and stuff!

also $1100 is more then enough for heads and cam!!! i got mine for $700 with free shipping, free pushrods, and free springs! but then again i got a good deal!
Were they BV heads with all the works?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.