Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets start off by saying that I do not know much about manual cars, (I'm learning), I was looking up on v6stangs and saw that you should adjust your clutch every 5k miles? what is the adjusting do? Ive got a 3.8l with 50,000 mi and I doubt this has ever been done,and is this something I can do. When should I take my baby in to get the tranny and clutch looked at by a professional?

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Murph00 said:
Lets start off by saying that I do not know much about manual cars, (I'm learning), I was looking up on v6stangs and saw that you should adjust your clutch every 5k miles? what is the adjusting do? Ive got a 3.8l with 50,000 mi and I doubt this has ever been done,and is this something I can do. When should I take my baby in to get the tranny and clutch looked at by a professional?
i belive that the 3.8 has a self adjusting quadrant

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
unlees you do what the manual suggest, put the car into first then pull the pedal all the way up then push down you should hear a click and it is adjusted :)

·
Premium Member
25,510 Posts
the stock turd of a quadrent can be adjustest by rasing up on the petal and pushing it in slow, but it blows and dont last.... the best thing to do is buy a UPR quadrent and firewall adjuster along with a MM petal height adjuster (else the petal will come ALL THE WAY UP and stay that way, it just wont start to pull the clutch cable (engage) until down lower....)

with the height adjuster you can lower the petal and bring the adjustment correctly to it, you want ONLY a half inch of slack (from where the clutch is not slipping from where it starts to slip. from where the petal is when its all the way out and CANT go any farther even with you pulling up on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts