Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, wanted to replace the dome and maps lights to be blue so they wouldn't out shine the neons under the dash.

Bought two packages (4 bulbs) and installed them today. I was vaccuming out my car and the paint on the bulbs burned off when the light was on.

Gonna go try the gel overlays soon. See how they do.

So advice on getting the colored bulbs, don't.

Update
Bought the gel covers and when I was putting the assembly back on, the dome light started smoking. :oops:

Hello LEDs.

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
i have a gel thing over my dome light. its blue.

just so you know, it will be closer to a teal color when the light is on. It definitely will not be close to the color blue your neons are, but it will help to keep the dome light from cancelling out all your neons.

If you really want em, ill get some pics tonight so you can see what to expect.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That would help.

I went today and looked at em, the tint hasn't burnt off, the filament is just to bright for it. If worse comes to worse, I'll wire LEDs to replace them all.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
I have the blue gel covers on. It's very teal compared to blue neons but at least it's not white. The cop didn't like it very much when I opened my door the other day but oh well...

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
haha, well i did take some pictures. but none turned out. I'm a horrible picture taker, sorry.

But we both have blue neon lights, and you dont want ur dome light to outshine those, with a blue gel cover it wont be nearly as much of a problem.

Sorry again about the pictures.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
haha, well i did take some pictures. but none turned out. I'm a horrible picture taker, sorry.

But we both have blue neon lights, and you dont want ur dome light to outshine those, with a blue gel cover it wont be nearly as much of a problem.

Sorry again about the pictures.
Know the feeling. I could never get the underbody/underdash neons to come out. :no:

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You have your mounted on the floor board, huh?

I have mine mounted under the dash. About to mount two nine inch tubes under the driver and passenger side seats. Then I have to mount my APC [ :headbang: ] neon and stobe in the trunk.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts